Full tower

Dogsparky

Anyone know of some good full towers that aren't insanely expensive like the corsair 900d?

Was looking at the had 932 but wouldn't mind looking at other brands and don't want to spend more than 200-210 dollars.

And while i am at it anyone have any objections to getting the silent wings 3 as exhaust fans or are they good?

2 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

Anyone know of some good full towers that aren't insanely expensive like the corsair 900d?

Was looking at the had 932 but wouldn't mind looking at other brands and don't want to spend more than 200-210 dollars.

And while i am at it anyone have any objections to getting the silent wings 3 as exhaust fans or are they good?

You planning to custom water cool it with E ATX board and all those stuff? If not, it will actually look pretty weird. Imagine a big box with only 40% fitted with items in it. It looks weird. :P

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

46 minutes ago, VolkA said:

You planning to custom water cool it with E ATX board and all those stuff? If not, it will actually look pretty weird. Imagine a big box with only 40% fitted with items in it. It looks weird. :P

Actually yes, i am at some point but i want to get everything together first and upgrade to an i7 before i do but i do however want a new case first before i even start with the i7 and a new motherboard that has more 3.0/3.1 front panel ports. Unless two front panel 3.0 ports use one header but that I'm still unsure of

1 minute ago, Dogsparky said:

On that looks magnificent, i may have found a winner

Good! And the Pro 900 has tempered glass so it's extra fine but you'll be paying more than $210 for it.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

5 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

Good! And the Pro 900 has tempered glass so it's extra fine but you'll be paying more than $210 for it.

That's about the price point i would keep it at though, but be quiet seems to be quality stuff, so it is worth every penny, have any reccomendations for fans, on the front with that kind of setup? Like a decent amount if static pressure or would some silent wings 3 be on?

3 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

That's about the price point i would keep it at though, but be quiet seems to be quality stuff, so it is worth every penny, have any reccomendations for fans, on the front with that kind of setup? Like a decent amount if static pressure or would some silent wings 3 be on?

It comes with 3 140mm Silent Wings 3 I believe and that should be enough for most systems but it all depends on what you want to put in it.  If you're doing SLI/Crossfire with like 5 HDDs and a 6950x you'd probably want more than just the 3 pre-installed fans.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

20 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

It comes with 3 140mm Silent Wings 3 I believe and that should be enough for most systems but it all depends on what you want to put in it.  If you're doing SLI/Crossfire with like 5 HDDs and a 6950x you'd probably want more than just the 3 pre-installed fans.

Well i heard good things about the silent wings 3 unless there is something better with better airflow, because the noctua nf f12 is focused flow not airflow but thinking of just doing 2 way sli in a i7 7700k or something 

21 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

But i guess it would depend on what i use them for too but if i have a 6950x then i would obviously water cool the crap out my system but rather stick the the basics for now 

Silent Wings 3 are great but I would definitely add more fans if you're doing SLI.  I think you can put one or two on the bottom of the case so I would definitely intake air from there if possible and add another exhaust out of the top.

2 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

Silent Wings 3 are great but I would definitely add more fans if you're doing SLI.  I think you can put one or two on the bottom of the case so I would definitely intake air from there if possible and add another exhaust out of the top.

Ohyou meant as in i would want more than 3 fans nitnthe silent wings ate hood but not good enough for that even with more, yeah i would do that, and because of the case i can ditch the LED fans since i cant see them in the front and just go for strips

No no I meant add 3 more Silent Wings because they are great but personally I would have more than the 3 that come pre-installed.

No no I meant add 3 more Silent Wings because they are great but personally I would have more than the 3 that come pre-installed.

Would i need decent static pressure for the front fans like that when there isn't a grill like the haf series cases or would anything with decent airflow work fine like the silent wings 3 

2 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

Would i need decent static pressure for the front fans like that when there isn't a grill like the haf series cases or would anything with decent airflow work fine like the silent wings 3 

I wouldn't think so.  Static pressure fans are only really needed when pushing air through a radiator or when a panel is extremely close to the intake which on the Dark Base 900 it's not.

1 minute ago, Gamessys said:

I wouldn't think so.  Static pressure fans are only really needed when pushing air through a radiator or when a panel is extremely close to the intake which on the Dark Base 900 it's not.

So like if there is only a small opening at the bottom front for air not thise like side areas then i would need some static pressure then

Just now, Dogsparky said:

So like if there is only a small opening at the bottom front for air not thise like side areas then i would need some static pressure then

But honestly that case looks beautiful and bot overly done too