Bizspark gives free CALS?

Hi all,

Is anyone familiar with Bizspark? Apparently they give free access to Windows Server, Microsoft Office, etc to small business startups. Does anyone know if they give out free CALS for users as well, or do you have to pay for that? Researching on my own, but I thought I'd ask here as well.

Thank you.

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

What software are you looking for CALs on, doesn't BizSpark give MSDN subscriptions which gives free CALs for certain software?

edutechie

If everything in an Active Directory is an object and women can be part of an Active Directory, does that mean women are objects?

1 minute ago, edutechie said:

What software are you looking for CALs on, doesn't BizSpark give MSDN subscriptions which gives free CALs for certain software?

Windows Server 2016 for clients. Up to 10 users but starting at 5. 

Also, Microsoft Office Suite

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

1 minute ago, berderder said:

Windows Server 2016 for clients. Up to 10 users but starting at 5. 

Also, Microsoft Office Suite

Server 2016 CALs are dealt with MSDN Developer Subscriptions from what I have heard in the past, and afaik the EULA allows 5 Free CALs.

Microsoft Office is Office 365 on BizSpark so that is already a per-user subscription, dealing with the CALs for that suite.

edutechie

If everything in an Active Directory is an object and women can be part of an Active Directory, does that mean women are objects?

1 minute ago, edutechie said:

Server 2016 CALs are dealt with MSDN Developer Subscriptions from what I have heard in the past, and afaik the EULA allows 5 Free CALs.

Microsoft Office is Office 365 on BizSpark so that is already a per-user subscription, dealing with the CALs for that suite.

Yeah, I'd imagine they'd give you at least 5 free user CALS for WS 2016. I don't know how many free subscriptions they'd give you for 365. 

1 minute ago, berderder said:

Yeah, I'd imagine they'd give you at least 5 free user CALS for WS 2016. I don't know how many free subscriptions they'd give you for 365. 

It's an developers (E3) license for O365, but I'd imagine it would be more than 15.. you can get 7 additional BizSpark members so at least 7 extra CALs.

I have heard of users with 20+ on a BizSpark tenant for O365. However your additional WS 2k16 CALs may have to be dealt with by M$ themselves - you could try their "Pre-sales & Licensing Team"... have a little google for them and they should be able to be more helpful about CALs.

edutechie

4 minutes ago, edutechie said:

It's an developers (E3) license for O365, but I'd imagine it would be more than 15.. you can get 7 additional BizSpark members so at least 7 extra CALs.

I have heard of users with 20+ on a BizSpark tenant for O365. However your additional WS 2k16 CALs may have to be dealt with by M$ themselves - you could try their "Pre-sales & Licensing Team"... have a little google for them and they should be able to be more helpful about CALs.

Yes, chatting with them now through online chat

43 minutes ago, edutechie said:

Microsoft really bumped me around. I will look specifically for "Pre-sales & Licensing Team" next time I try. 

I spoke with Support Staff initially that didn't handle Bizspark. Then they bumped me to a support staff that wanted me to pay for support. Kind of frustrating. I just wanted to get an idea of whether Bizspark offered free WS 2016 and free Office 365 and how many CALS/subscriptions came with it. Wasn't easy finding a clear answer.

I also emailed the Bizspark United States re-seller for that information. Geesh. Guess we'll see.