Help! System boots, fans spin but no video output

Zandvliet

Help!

I just tried to boot my system (i7 7700k, asus z270g en dominator platinum 32gb ram), all the fans spin, MB led lights up, but no video output. The weird thing is that is worked last week. 

I've swamped the CPU to another system and that system also didnt post a video, and I've replaced my 7700k with an 6400, but also no video output on the MB or on a GPU.

Any suggestions please??

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

Hook up a BIOS speaker and check how many times it beeps.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Hook up a BIOS speaker and check how many times it beeps.

None, no beeps

3 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

None, no beeps

Then the motherboard is probably dead. Try reseating the CPU, if that doesn't work, RMA the mobo.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Then the motherboard is probably dead. Try reseating the CPU, if that doesn't work, RMA the mobo.

But lights on the MB and the fans turn on, that shouldn't happens if the MB is dead?

1 minute ago, Zandvliet said:

But lights on the MB and the fans turn on, that shouldn't happens if the MB is dead?

AFAIK. this can happen if the motherboard is dead. BTW, make sure that you have plugged in all the cables.... (and properly)

28 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

Help!

I just tried to boot my system (i7 7700k, asus z270g en dominator platinum 32gb ram), all the fans spin, MB led lights up, but no video output. The weird thing is that is worked last week. 

I've swamped the CPU to another system and that system also didnt post a video, and I've replaced my 7700k with an 6400, but also no video output on the MB or on a GPU.

Any suggestions please??

I guess if it is not posting at all, it might be the video card since there is no image on the screen. When the mb is dead it should post for a sec or two and then keep on restarting or going dead at all.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

3 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

I guess if it is not posting at all, it might be the video card since there is no image on the screen. When the mb is dead it should post for a sec or two and then keep on restarting or going dead at all.

I have tried to plug in monitor via GPU and MB, no luck on both

30 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

maybe he has no bios speaker so prob wont hear a beep, it happened before to me until i upgraded the case

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

1 minute ago, Blackhole890 said:

maybe he has no bios speaker so prob wont hear a beep, it happened before to me until i upgraded the case

I assumed that he had installed a BIOS speaker, as I suggested that he should install a BIOS speaker first....

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I assumed that he had installed a BIOS speaker, as I suggested that he should install a BIOS speaker first....

maybe it doesnt come with the case 

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

20 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

36 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

So I now know for a fact the CPU is dead... How quickly can one cause a power shortage when one resleeved the PSU cables and one of the pins isn't in correctly?

2 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

So I now know for a fact the CPU is dead... 

How do you know? 

3 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

How quickly can one cause a power shortage when one resleeved the PSU cables and one of the pins isn't in correctly?

Fairly quickly AFAIK

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

How do you know? 

Fairly quickly AFAIK

I tested the CPU in other system, no luck.. Hmm alright...

1 minute ago, Zandvliet said:

I tested the CPU in other system, no luck.. Hmm alright...

OK. RMA the CPU then...

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

OK. RMA the CPU then...

I also think the MB is dead, since I place a 6400 in the Z270G MB and I also didn't have a video output. That might suggest that the PSU cable is causing it?

2 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

I also think the MB is dead, since I place a 6400 in the Z270G MB and I also didn't have a video output. That might suggest that the PSU cable is causing it?

Can you try using a different PSU?

25 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Can you try using a different PSU?

MB is dead too...

5 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

MB is dead too...

RIP. RMA both!

10 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

RIP. RMA both!

Yes I will, but I still wonder about the cause.. Really hope its not the PSU cables, I can image since I removed each pin one by one, therefore unable to make a mistake imo

12 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

Yes I will, but I still wonder about the cause.. Really hope its not the PSU cables, I can image since I removed each pin one by one, therefore unable to make a mistake imo

Maybe the 'static electricity' is the cause

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

29 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

Both might have been DOA... But I am not sure...

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Both might have been DOA... But I am not sure...

I do not think so, since it worked last week when I haven't resleeved the cables yet.