Should I repair my laptop or should I get a new one?

I currently have a 3 year old Samsung ativ book 8 with a i7 4720hq and a gt 750m. It can do what I want to do, but the keyboard is damaged and dirty. It has missing keys, and I tried to put the keys back in, but most of the time it didn't snap back in and the keys just got broken. The reason I lost the keys is because I tried to clean the keyboard, so I can't clean it. I took my laptop to a Samsung serivce center, and they said it will cost $60 to replace the keyboard. I can't diy repair the keyboard because according to Samsung Korea's policies, all parts are available only on their service centers. What should I do? Fix it or get a new computer?

It also has folded marks on the frame, and the bottom is loose even I tightened the screws

DUE TO MANY REQUESTS I HAVE LEFT THIS FORUM FOREVER.

You wont be able to buy a new laptop for 60 dollars but did they tell you that those 60 include the cost of the keyboad as well or is it 60 for just the service?

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

1 minute ago, malon said:

You wont be able to buy a new laptop for 60 dollars but did they tell you that those 60 include the cost of the keyboad as well or is it 60 for just the service?

Total price is $60

3 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

Total price is $60

For a total price of 60 i would personaly do it.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Those are decent specs, and if you can clean it up and get the minor stuff repaired, it will definitely be worth it for $60.  As stated, you can't even dream of coming close to a new one like it for that.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Those are decent specs, and if you can clean it up and get the minor stuff repaired, it will definitely be worth it for $60.  As stated, you can't even dream of coming close to a new one like it for that.

But the laptop has folded marks on frame, the bottom makes pop noises when pushed, and the screw that holds the ram tray is gone because I drilled it due to stripped screw. Is it still good to keep it?

1 minute ago, NerdyCoder said:

But the laptop has folded marks on frame, the bottom makes pop noises when pushed, and the screw that holds the ram tray is gone because I drilled it due to stripped screw. Is it still good to keep it?

I guess we can't really judge the physical condition without feeling and seeing it first hand but even with those issues, I would keep it.  So long as the components inside are in good condition, a replacement or repair to the body wouldn't cost much either, if it comes to that in the worst case scenario.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.