Special Search Program

Go to solution Solved by KuJoe,
7 hours ago, MaploX said:

sure, can you send me it per PM or do you need my skype or anything?

2 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

can I get one too? I did start writing a python based one after seeing this thread hut if there is one already that's awesome.

Here you both go: http://n3rd.info/upl/WindowsGrep23.exe

Hello,

i am searching for a program (software) like "Everything" with the exact same speed and search function, but it has to search inside the files.

An Example:

I type in search "hard"

the tool searches for files with the title "hard" but when it also finds text documents it searches inside them for the text "hard"

The point is i want it not only to search for files with the title "hard" but also files like word documents or powerpoint documents that aren't containing the word "hard" as a file name, but they have the word "hard" inside them as a text.

Example:

Journey.yml

(inside the document)

It was a very hard Journey.

I am basically seeking for a "Professional" search engine that runs not like a Java script or in CMD or anything like that. I am searching for a Software or Tool for Windows that will index FILE NAME AND there FILE CONTENT.

This tool or programm would help me out a lot. If there would be a solution for my "problem" i would be glad to hear about it.

(sorry for my bad english)

regards, MaploX

professionalsearchexample1.PNG

On 12. 2. 2017 at 10:49 AM, MaploX said:

Hello,

i am searching for a program (software) like "Everything" with the exact same speed and search function, but it has to search inside the files.

You could use Agent Ransack. I've been using it for like a year and I could not have found 90% of files on my computer without it.

Here is the url: https://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack

Hope it helps o/

Personally I use Windows Grep, it's free but the developer took the website down. I can provide a copy if you'd like to try it.

-KuJoe

2 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Personally I use Windows Grep, it's free but the developer took the website down. I can provide a copy if you'd like to try it.

7 hours ago, KuJoe said:

can I get one too? I did start writing a python based one after seeing this thread hut if there is one already that's awesome.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

7 hours ago, MaploX said:

2 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

Here you both go: http://n3rd.info/upl/WindowsGrep23.exe

-KuJoe

Now i have another problem.

I need the program to write the files and the text inside them into an "Index". This Index should provide that i can search faster and not wait a couple of hours to search for files on my 10 TB Server Drive.

Yes, i have an 10 TB Server Drive full of data, powerpoint/word document, pdf's and text documents.

So with "Everything" i have a search result in under ~1 second, but "Everything" doesn't search inside the files, wich isn't so good.

In this tool WindowsGrep/AgentRansack about 8 hours.

Thanks for the replies to you all, if you have a solution for my last problem it would be awesome.

regards, MaploX

33 minutes ago, Erik Sieghart said:

Even with the most efficient search algorithm, you're looking at a compute time of O(n + m), since you want all occurrences, where n is the length of the text and m is the length of your search string.

Building an index would not be effective unless the contents of your files do not change, since you're using them as searchable text. Not to mention the logistics involved with maintaining the index every time you wrote to a file or added a new one. Also, you would only be able to index certain words or patterns, or else your index would be larger than the files you're attempting to search.

The best way you can improve the efficiency of what you're trying to do is get faster hardware so that existing tools can do the job faster. Faster read speeds are what you're looking for.

Thats what i tought, i may hit up an upgrade to an SSD, and get a more powerfull Xeon.

Thanks for your reply!