Gaming Laptops

Lori

Hey guys, I came across this forum and it seemed to look quite informative~ 
I'm not very good with detailed knowledge on specs (quite the noob, I just like playing games), I just have a basic idea so looking for some recommendations from those who have a better brain than me (:
I've been using my brothers MSI GE72 Apache which I love so I've been sticking to MSI, but open to other brands. 

I'll be gaming pretty much whenever I'm not at uni/work, and would like a laptop capable of the games For Honour, Black Desert Online, Revelation Online and more on high.
Battery life doesn't concern me, would like a laptop that doesn't get super hot, looks/feels pretty and is not super huge. My price is a max of $2600 AUD (~2000USD), could be more if persuaded!

I had my eyes on the MSI GS63 Stealth Pro, but it has mixed reviews - both good and bad so I'm confused and ended up reading 100s of reviews and comparisons on other laptops. Looking for advice and recommendations on what you would or wouldn't choose, thanks (: 

1 minute ago, Jed M said:

Your brother's laptop is a beast and you like it, why not get another?

That I could do~
But I would like to get something better (to also tease him) but if all else fails then I guess I could get the same.

do you have a reason you want to stay with a laptop? are you not confident enough to build a desktop? 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

7 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

do you have a reason you want to stay with a laptop? are you not confident enough to build a desktop? 

I do prefer desktop but I want the mobility of the laptop to move to others rooms. Also as I have uni, I'll need it for some assignments, love doing those sitting on my ass in bed and it saves me from having to get monitors, keyboards etc.

3 minutes ago, Lori said:

Wish it would ship to Aussie freely! t-t

There may be a few Clevo units that are cheaper where you live. 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

4 minutes ago, Lori said:

I do prefer desktop but I want the mobility of the laptop to move to others rooms. Also as I have uni, I'll need it for some assignments, love doing those sitting on my ass in bed and it saves me from having to get monitors, keyboards etc.

why not get a cheap laptop and a nice desktop. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

6 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

There may be a few Clevo units that are cheaper where you live. 

I don't know much about Clevo, but I've heard about it here and there 
I'll look more into it

3 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

why not get a cheap laptop and a nice desktop. 

I do also have a desktop (my brother's I just steal it most of the time) but it's graphics card exploded after my sister was rendering on it for some reason lol so I need to fix that but would prefer my own. However, I find a laptop more of a priority atm move houses a lot these days, uni, mobility, Aussie heat - my lounge has the only aircon but I can't throw my desktop in there. 

17 minutes ago, Lori said:

Wish it would ship to Aussie freely! t-t

it's like $20, but you pay like $120 import tax

idk

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

it's like $20, but you pay like $120 import tax

Oh~ I'll keep a tab on it