Canadian winter cooling

Keeping my computer AM 9590 CPU and xfx rx480 GPU cooled all winter long, infront of my window, out of the case, i have nailed a peace of wood on the back of my sofa witch is infron of my window, and its a great idea for when your gaming to keep temps down! 

Shitty update video shot with a HD Pro Webcam C910

Capture3.PNG

Les Coca'Cola

i open my window, when its not snowing out so the cold air blows in,   haha but the down side on it is i have to put a coat on sometimes if i want those low temps haha

i was thinking of putting my computer build in a plastic tote and make it water proof and nail it to the side of my house out side,  but i highly doubt my landloard wants somthing hanging out off the buliding xD ,   so yea had to go with the idea i have now haha

Les Coca'Cola

2 minutes ago, Leslie25 said:

cold air

And so the overclocking begins....

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

And so the overclocking begins....

sadly the rx480 is not a very good at overclocking. 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sounds cool, it's really impractical for me, plus my wife will not like that. 

my girlfriend will probably freak out too - no luck here

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yeah gtr can only do about 1450-1500 which is more than the 20mhz you get on nv :P 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

well i mean you also can craft a cat window perch without a carpet xD 

lg-37719-60188C_412.jpg

Les Coca'Cola

and i havent got into over clocking yet, dont wanna fuck some shit up LOL 

Les Coca'Cola

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Rubbish. You're not trying hard enough. 

1 minute ago, Leslie25 said:

well i mean you also can craft a cat window perch without a carpet xD 

I think a cat would rather be warm though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Rubbish. You're not trying hard enough. 

I think a cat would rather be warm though. 

..... who said it was going to be for your cat? 

Les Coca'Cola

I notice a massive drop in temps when I open a window as well... Canada has it's benefits.  My PC is 2 meters away from the window and my CPU temp drop roughly 10 degrees almost immediately.

4 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I notice a massive drop in temps when I open a window as well... Canada has it's benefits.  My PC is 2 meters away from the window and my CPU temp drop roughly 10 degrees almost immediately.

haha yea thats great, keeping everything cool as possible is the best for it so the solder dont melt or somthing like that XD,  , but im hoping the copis dont get hot enough to mak the metal expand and retract wearing everything out faster 

Les Coca'Cola

Not much point in temp drop if not increasing speed.  Like having nos in your car to make it look faster and never using it :P

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

15 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

Not much point in temp drop if not increasing speed.  Like having nos in your car to make it look faster and never using it :P

there is a point, if you know anything about science, over clocking makes ur things not last as long as default speeds, hence why they are already clocked at what the factory tested them as,  atm i dont wanna over clock also because i wanna see what freezing point is best for everything to run safely  

Les Coca'Cola

44 minutes ago, Leslie25 said:

there is a point, if you know anything about science, over clocking makes ur things not last as long as default speeds, hence why they are already clocked at what the factory tested them as,  atm i dont wanna over clock also because i wanna see what freezing point is best for everything to run safely  

Using your gpu doesn't make it last as long so you shouldn't use it.  Then it will last longer. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

54 minutes ago, Leslie25 said:

The 9590 is factory-overclocked, though, so reducing its temperature is enough. There isn't much room to go higher anyway, and it's good to know the chip won't melt, the VRM won't burn ;)  

4 hours ago, Leslie25 said:

haha yea thats great, keeping everything cool as possible is the best for it so the solder dont melt or somthing like that XD,  , but im hoping the copis dont get hot enough to mak the metal expand and retract wearing everything out faster 

lol - i was considering doing dry ice over clocking - who needs dry ice when you can have the canadian kraken x62

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2017 at 10:30 PM, gtx1060=value said:

lol - i was considering doing dry ice over clocking - who needs dry ice when you can have the canadian kraken x62

but how long does the ice last?    like youd prob have to keep replacing it in the middle of a game? or ...

Les Coca'Cola