Xfx rx480 crossfire issue

Seth  Henton
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 0:24 AM, -rascal- said:

What are the rest of your system specifications (e.g. CPU, motherboard, etc) ?

What games have you tested so far?

There are STILL games out there that does not support Crossfire and/or SLI.

Don't tab out of when you are running a benchmark (e.g. Unigine Valley).

Let the benchmark run and finish in full screen, THEN check (the logs) with GPU-Z, MSi Afterburner, Sapphire TriXX...whatever.

When you installed the drivers did you:

• Install the optional Application Profiles?
  • Install the ReLive feature (I've heard caught wind that ReLive recording software can cause issues)?

Been offline for a few days but I did eventually get crossfire to work last night.  Borderlands 2 is the only game I have installed right now after my reformat that is a crossfire supported  game.  Ran it fine for about 10 minutes cam software was showing on screen that both cards were being used evenly wanted to bump my resolution up some so I did went back into game and then bam!  Screen turned off when it came back on it was a bunch of distorted colors shut off again came back on distorted colors then reboot so after reboot I made sure to tone down reso same thing.  Tried bl1 same thing at load screen.  ?.  

Asus sabortooth r2.0

Amd 8350 black edition oc to 4.6ghz

8gb ripjaw ram (had a stick fail ordering 32gb soon) 

2 xfx rx480's gtr 1338core

2 1tb hdd 

120gb Samsung ssd

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 6:56 PM, StefVal said:

i can only say from experiance that is if you see frames like 20%+-up than normal 1gpu on heaven firestrike etc then you do run on crossfire set up. For example i used before i get my xfx rx480 gtr dualgraphics set up with r7250 and a10 7870k amd driver was only displayed the r7 250 ofc thats on apu gpu crossfire. If i was you i would contact AMD for explenations because its posible there is something wrong at the current drivers i would go as far to say to instal some older ones just in case. And if both cards work perfect in single pci-e slots i dont belive the retailer will find any fault to them so maybe they will refuse to take them back since the cards work. So RMA may be an issue. At least here thats how things work. So.. I know things get wierd but if you have a friend with crossfire rdy mb maybe its time to pay him a visit if things work then maybe you have a bad motherboard not gpu's cause as you tested they do work as single units.

I got crossfire to work last night until I moved resolution then I got instant crash. I have yet to upgrade my board bios so I'm going to try and do that tonight. Just trying to rule one thing out at a time.  My buddy just did a crossfire set up and his is running just fine no Issues so far.  But he's got an updated bios but almost the exact build I do.  Just he has 32gb of ram compared to my 8.