Building budget PC (around 300$)

seabiscuit24

Hey guys, I wanna build a PC for everyday use, something that can withstand playing videos. My budget is around 300$ (excluding monitor, keyboard and mouse). I need something fairly powerful and that can run smoothly. Can anyone help out with the best build they can think of with all the parts? Thanks!

If you want to play games, build the $350 gaming PC in my signature. If you don't want to game, take out the GPU and add an SSD and 1TB HDD.

if $300 is your pricepoint, and performance isn't really an issue (like you're not running high end stuff), and you're not gaming...

Have you ever considered a ChromeBook?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

Tower Cooler Master K350 Black - Midnight Black - PSU Msystems 500W
Motherboard Asus H110M-A/M.2
CPU Intel Core i3-7100 (3.90GHz, Intel Smart Cache 3MB, 8 GT/s DMI3, 7th Gen Kaby Lake)
RAM 8192MB (1x8192MB) Kingston DDR4 2133MHz CL14, up to 32GB maximum memory
VGA Gigabyte Radeon R7 360 OC 2GB,  1x Dual-link DVI-I, 1x DVI-D, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
HDD Toshiba 1TB 3.5¨ SATA III 7200rpm 32MB

the best things that i can think of budget are these, take what you like.

Check linus tech tips building pc challenge.  i think they have a competition who can build the fastest system for under 300 .00

6 minutes ago, Sprawlie said:

if $300 is your pricepoint, and performance isn't really an issue (like you're not running high end stuff), and you're not gaming...

Dont get a chromebook, you might as well build your own PC for $300. You can build a fast computer with that budget as long as your not gaming or editing. Also, building a PC would give you a pathway for an upgrade in the future. I suggest getting a Pentium, i3 or and Athlon CPU with at least 8GB of RAM and 1TB of HDD (If you need it)  along with a 120GB SSD, a cheap motherboard and with a reliable powersupply. BOOM! YOU HAVE A BEAST OF AN EVERYDAY PC!! No need for a graphics card and you can buy Windows cheap from Amazon or Kingwin or you can just install linux on it for free.

30 minutes ago, Sprawlie said:

I already own a laptop, i need a desktop. But thanks for the suggestion :)

18 minutes ago, XXXLovelyXXX said:

Dont get a chromebook, you might as well build your own PC for $300. You can build a fast computer with that budget as long as your not gaming or editing. Also, building a PC would give you a pathway for an upgrade in the future. I suggest getting a Pentium, i3 or and Athlon CPU with at least 8GB of RAM and 1TB of HDD (If you need it)  along with a 120GB SSD, a cheap motherboard and with a reliable powersupply. BOOM! YOU HAVE A BEAST OF AN EVERYDAY PC!! No need for a graphics card and you can buy Windows cheap from Amazon or Kingwin or you can just install linux on it for free.

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Unrealcpu said:

Check linus tech tips building pc challenge.  i think they have a competition who can build the fastest system for under 300 .00

Will do, thanks!

26 minutes ago, OliverKunnington said:
Tower Cooler Master K350 Black - Midnight Black - PSU Msystems 500W
Motherboard Asus H110M-A/M.2
CPU Intel Core i3-7100 (3.90GHz, Intel Smart Cache 3MB, 8 GT/s DMI3, 7th Gen Kaby Lake)
RAM 8192MB (1x8192MB) Kingston DDR4 2133MHz CL14, up to 32GB maximum memory
VGA Gigabyte Radeon R7 360 OC 2GB,  1x Dual-link DVI-I, 1x DVI-D, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
HDD Toshiba 1TB 3.5¨ SATA III 7200rpm 32MB

the best things that i can think of budget are these, take what you like.

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

If you want to play games, build the $350 gaming PC in my signature. If you don't want to game, take out the GPU and add an SSD and 1TB HDD.

Thanks, and no i don't want to game on it, just everyday tasks

Little out of budget But you could get something like this for $400ish if shopping around

Also could downgrade the Processor to an i3 and maybe only get a 500Gb HDD if you dont plan to save a lot of videos to get close to your budget assuming this is more of a daily / HTPC so 1TB minimum is what i would want 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mWpLjc

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2017 at 10:13 PM, michaelocarroll007 said:

Little out of budget But you could get something like this for $400ish if shopping around

Also could downgrade the Processor to an i3 and maybe only get a 500Gb HDD if you dont plan to save a lot of videos to get close to your budget assuming this is more of a daily / HTPC so 1TB minimum is what i would want 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mWpLjc

Thank you!