Rapid Fan Speed Change

Light-Yagami

Hi,

I have Neptun 240m AIO with 2 CM 120mm fans on it, combined pluged in cpu fan header.

I have my costum bios set fan curve (z170-a)

Problem is:

When my cpu's on heavy load, stuff that gets it very hot momentarily (opening programs etc), fans ramp up like crazy, not smoothly.

Is there any way to fix this? To make them ramp up smoothly?

they go full speed after 75C, and there's no way to change that from the bios. Cpu never runs that hot (max 65-70), but spikes do happen. And fans take of when that happens..

Your answers are always appriciated!

11 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

-snip-

Install ASUS AI Suite 3, and Fan Expert lets you set a fan curve / reaction speed. I believe the BIOS limits your fan control to the default profiles (Which are just linear / ramp up fast as you mentioned).

8 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Install ASUS AI Suite 3, and Fan Expert lets you set a fan curve / reaction speed. I believe the BIOS limits your fan control to the default profiles (Which are just linear / ramp up fast as you mentioned).

So when I install this suite and configure everything, bios settings won't interfere ?

2 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

So when I install this suite and configure everything, bios settings won't interfere ?

The program overrides the BIOS setting. It's loaded when Windows starts up.

2 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

The program overrides the BIOS setting. It's loaded when Windows starts up.

Cool. Thank you! What about speed fan program? Is this ASUS one better?

13 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Cool. Thank you! What about speed fan program? Is this ASUS one better?

Speed fan works, but the set up is a bit harder. The ASUS one is just easier to work with. Also, the ASUS software will profile the fans (It tests the min / max speed of them) and will lets you set a curve from the slowest your fans can go to the max they can.

I think it's Fan Expert 3 now...I have a older ASUS board so I'm on AI Suite 2 / Fan Expert 2.

5 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Speed fan works, but the set up is a bit harder. The ASUS one is just easier to work with. Also, the ASUS software will profile the fans (It tests the min / max speed of them) and will lets you set a curve from the slowest your fans can go to the max they can.

I think it's Fan Expert 3 now...I have a older ASUS board so I'm on AI Suite 2 / Fan Expert 2.

Thanks for advice. Really appriciate it!