Acer Failing To Boot Sometimes

Hi!

The Laptop:

I have an Acer V15 Nitro Black Edition (aka the VN7-592G), and it currently has an additional 512 GB Intel 600p and 16GB of Crucial ram.

The Issues:

The most important issue is that it has huge trouble suspending.  Sometimes it wakes up on its own from suspend into this weird pre-BIOS level where the USB ports don't power up.  This can sometimes last for 30 minutes or more while I'm doing whatever I needed to suspend it for.  Then, the next time I try to boot, it says that the default boot device failed to boot.  Once I power cycle it once more, it starts up mostly fine, but the BIOS reverts all of my custom settings to factory defaults (ie secure boot on, Ubuntu at the bottom of the boot order).

This has been going on since roughly the time I installed the SSD + Linux.  Recently, I wiped the whole system drive and reinstalled only Windows, but that did not solve the problem (but it seemed to help).  My running theory (as of 30 seconds ago) is that the SSD sometimes fails to POST and that causes the system to get confused and stop the boot process, and the next time it confuses the BIOS of where to find the bootloader (even if it is on the other drive).

Anyone ever run into this?  Thoughts? Further questions?

Any help is much appreciated.