Which Ultrabook?

Hey guys so i've seen all of Linus's video's on the XPS 13, Spectre X360 and Stealth but i'm still somewhat undecided since i going to Computer science and information technology at Uni i need a laptop that is capable for it. i'm tilting towards the Razer Blade Stealth mainly because at a price of just under $2000 i can get it with an i7 7500U 16GB ram and 512GB ssd and QHD display. The rest offer lower specs at that price. 

If anyone does or knows anything about Computer science and info tech give me recommendations.

FYI the reason its that expensive is because i'm from Australia and everything so bloody expensive than compared to US

BTW i don't need that 2 in 1 feature.

Intel has discontinued the minimum specs for ultrabooks from what I could gather from my chat with their rep. If you're going to play some games, want something light, and great battery life and expandability over that, I'd suggest the new XPS lineup from Dell. Also, trust me on this, DO NOT GET A 13incher, it's a nightmare for programming.

Moreso, I'd get an external display alongside that. I'm using the ASUS MB169B+ and it's pretty awesome as getting a portrait display when programming in the library really helps when you're writing over a hundred lines.

Edit- my reason for not recommending a 13inch QHD display is because unless you're using that awful text scaling which makes all text look blurry, everything is tiny. Try going to a brick and mortar shop and try a QHD 14inch laptop and you'll get a pretty good idea as to what I mean.

PC in Profile

LOL nah i don't want to play games on that thats why i built my PC

4 minutes ago, The Flash said:

Hey guys so i've seen all of Linus's video's on the XPS 13, Spectre X360 and Stealth but i'm still somewhat undecided since i going to Computer science and information technology at Uni i need a laptop that is capable for it. i'm tilting towards the Razer Blade Stealth mainly because at a price of just under $2000 i can get it with an i7 7500U 16GB ram and 512GB ssd and QHD display. The rest offer lower specs at that price. 

If anyone does or knows anything about Computer science and info tech give me recommendations.

FYI the reason its that expensive is because i'm from Australia and everything so bloody expensive than compared to US

BTW i don't need that 2 in 1 feature.

Go for the stealth if thats what you're looking for.  

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blade the razer blade is 2000 with 512gb (full hd not uhd)

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Still, I don't recommend getting a 13incher with a QHD display for programming. It's a nightmare. Please try it before you buy it or get it from somewhere with a good return policy.

PC in Profile

1 minute ago, hconverse02 said:

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blade the razer blade is 2000 with 512gb (full hd not uhd)

Thats in usd in AUD its $3000. I'm probably going to go with the stealth at that price seems the most value 

3 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

Also there are promotions with razer so check out the free stuff like the headsets and shit down below

• Exclusively at RazerStore Outlet – Get a refurbished Razer Blade Stealth from US$879.99. Learn more »
  • Spend US$79 and receive an Exclusive Razer Swag Pack (Razer Silicone Coaster + Razer THS Stencil) worth US$19 - use code: SWAGFEB17US

Spend US$189 and receive the Razer BlackShark worth US$129.99 - use code: SHARK17US

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

1 minute ago, The Flash said:

Thats in usd in AUD its $3000. I'm probably going to go with the stealth at that price seems the most value 

Yeah that would work

My current rig:

2 minutes ago, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

Still, I don't recommend getting a 13incher with a QHD display for programming. It's a nightmare. Please try it before you buy it or get it from somewhere with a good return policy.

Whats wrong with the 13 incher is it the size? Do i need a bigger or smaller screen?

The text becomes awfully small. I would recommend a 15inch 1080p panel. I know it sounds strange and incredibly backwards, but I guess I'm boiling this down to personal preference and my own experience with my own 1080p 13incher. But, don't take my word for it. Go to a local laptop shop, open up notepad after ensuring that text scaling is on 100%, and see what best meets your preferences. Happy shopping! :)

PC in Profile

1 minute ago, Keystone Nyan Cat said:

The text becomes awfully small. I would recommend a 15inch 1080p panel. I know it sounds strange and incredibly backwards, but I guess I'm boiling this down to personal preference and my own experience with my own 1080p 13incher. But, don't take my word for it. Go to a local laptop shop, open up notepad after ensuring that text scaling is on 100%, and see what best meets your preferences. Happy shopping! :)

I had a macbook air for a few years now and it wasn't that bad plus i'm going to be travelling a lot and the convenience of a 13 inch is more suited to my needs