Looking for a Gaming Laptop

After my last screwup and being conned into buying an HP Envy (Damn U Best Buy) I figured i should get professional help buying my next laptop, and yes, i need a laptop, living in a 12x9 room no room for a tower and such, Right now my budget is 1200 but with taxes coming up I may be able to go for a bit more, I currently have my eye on the ASUS ROG G752VT-DH72, But i also have a bad habit of attaching to anything shiney, All i want is it be able to play XCom 2 nd armored warfare on at least medium, and not sear my arm off when i do play those games like my envy, and a 17 inch screen, i knwo that pushes the price a bit but

17 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

After my last screwup and being conned into buying an HP Envy (Damn U Best Buy) I figured i should get professional help buying my next laptop, and yes, i need a laptop, living in a 12x9 room no room for a tower and such, Right now my budget is 1200 but with taxes coming up I may be able to go for a bit more, I currently have my eye on the ASUS ROG G752VT-DH72, But i also have a bad habit of attaching to anything shiney, All i want is it be able to play XCom 2 nd armored warfare on at least medium, and not sear my arm off when i do play those games like my envy, and a 17 inch screen, i knwo that pushes the price a bit but

are you sure you have no space even for something like this?

http://www.geeekstore.com/uploads/5/3/2/7/53273557/s501605144984736570_p34_i2_w2560.jpeg

i have for saying that unless you really really need a performant laptop to bring along and run 3d editing away from home and have serious needs for school or work with it, you are always better with a bare minimum laptop or tablet to bring along but have a desktop home, there are some extremely small cases out there in which you can build a full performance desktop.

3 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

Fairly certain, I have no room for a desk and chair, or even a desk or a chair, my bed and TV stand take up all of the space 

meh... okay then compare and look for good quality/price ratios and MOST of all, you want to inform yourself well about the cooling performances of the laptop, i've worn out my last ''gaming'' laptop gpu because it would often run at around 100 celcius for extended periods of time without me noticing it, i was'nt monitoring crap back then... when i realised it i bought myself one of those.

https://www.amazon.ca/Opolar-Temperature-Display-Installation-Compatible/dp/B01E3Q7FS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486445736&sr=8-1&keywords=opolar

sorry i can't give you a laptop model which would be above the rest, i've been digging into desktop knowledge for the past few months... i'm not aware of laptop specificities for now.

1 minute ago, Howitz said:

meh... okay then compare and look for good quality/price ratios and MOST of all, you want to inform yourself well about the cooling performances of the laptop, i've worn out my last ''gaming'' laptop gpu because it would often run at around 100 celcius for extended periods of time without me noticing it, i was'nt monitoring crap back then... when i realised it i bought myself one of those.

https://www.amazon.ca/Opolar-Temperature-Display-Installation-Compatible/dp/B01E3Q7FS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486445736&sr=8-1&keywords=opolar

I have one of those, just not as fancy looking it has a sucker fan on it to help

on a last note, just saying you could very well accomodate for a comfortable space efficient mini-itx build, you just need a shelve mounted on a wall to put the monitor and the computer, some place under your bed and such for the computer if you mount the monitor on a real monitor wall support.

then you'd only need one of those http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-lapboard/

so you just lay down in your bed and use those, with the wall-mounted monitor and a mini-itx case hidden somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2017 at 0:14 AM, Cole5 said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAATJ58H5772

This looks pretty good if taxes allow it, clevo laptops are known to be very reliable. 

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS