Chinese 100,000mAh battery bank.......

Lord Nicoll

The patron saint of shitty electronics from China has found a real gem, a USB power bank rated at 100,000 mAh. If you don't feel like watching the video there's a spoiler under this with the actual rating and conclusion. So far this is one of the better "massivly over inflated capacity" powerbanks with decent charge protection. 

Spoiler

It's around 5000 mAh, and actually not that bad, but the solar panel is kinda pointless if you don't live in a sunny climate and the Li-po batteries are unknown, so he's not sure how good they are. 

Yours faithfully

As long as China is exempt from regulations we are going to see more and more cheap and faulty products.

1 minute ago, doomsriker said:

As long as China is exempt from regulations we are going to see more and more cheap and faulty products.

It isn't all that cheap, and definitely not faulty, just morally wrong on the rating and advertised capacity. 

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, doomsriker said:

I do not think they are exempt I just think they are ahrd to regulate and are slightly corrupt

My life

10 hours ago, doomsriker said:

It is cheaper and more productive to simply do your due diligence as a consumer before buying anything, then to have a bunch of government officials create regulations about things they hardly understand themselves and are impossible to enforce while feasting on tax-money that could be much better spent. A lesson we in the West have yet to (re)learn.