NFC S4 Mini case

MT14

I have always been fascinated with small form factor cases but this S4 mini takes it to another level.

Is anyone in the forums using this?

I am planning to convert my ATX pc to this mini machine but just not sure if the HDPLEX 300W will be able to power it up..

I have a i7-6700 and Zotac 1070 Mini or would I have to downgrade to a 1060 mini

you'll have to downgrade to 1060 mini, but take a look at the Ncase M1. it's a super sff case that is about double the size internally but fits everything.

idk

12 minutes ago, MT14 said:

I have always been fascinated with small form factor cases but this S4 mini takes it to another level.

Is anyone in the forums using this?

I am planning to convert my ATX pc to this mini machine but just not sure if the HDPLEX 300W will be able to power it up..

I have a i7-6700 and Zotac 1070 Mini or would I have to downgrade to a 1060 mini

300w is enough for your spec, no worries. The GPU might power throttle at times, but you will only see that if you are hammering it maxed out. 

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

you'll have to downgrade to 1060 mini, but take a look at the Ncase M1. it's a super sff case that is about double the size internally but fits everything.

I see, I was planning making the case lie flat under my monitor

2 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

300w is enough for your spec, no worries.

no, it isn't. 65w proc + 180w gpu. assuming 85% efficiency, you have 255 watts to work with. 

idk

4 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

300w is enough for your spec, no worries.

I am only worried because the coolermaster wattage calculator quoted me at 400+W

7 minutes ago, MT14 said:

I am only worried because the coolermaster wattage calculator quoted me at 400+W

It will be cutting it very very close.
u can get urself a T cpu version and maybe(if needed) undervolt your 1070 by 6% (its normally 150W tdp by the way).
Its not recommended but will it work? yes. 
but really just get a bigger case like the sg05.
or diy one mini STX yourself, and two power adapters (1x 12v for gpu and 1x 19v for the stx)
it will definitely be smaller.

11 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

no, it isn't. 65w proc + 180w gpu. assuming 85% efficiency, you have 255 watts to work with. 

I think you got the efficiency backwards. thats only relevant at the wall.. the psu itself is capable of 300w continuous. As long as the AC-DC power adapter can provide up to 353W.
Main problem is actually the 12V rail where its peak at 25amps with cont. of 20amps.
With some tweeks its definitely workable.

8 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

It will be cutting it very very close.
u can get urself a T cpu version and maybe(if needed) undervolt your 1070 by 6% (its normally 150W tdp by the way).
Its not recommended but will it work? yes. 
but really just get a bigger case like the sg05.
or diy one mini STX yourself, and two power adapters (1x 12v for gpu and 1x 19v for the stx)
it will definitely be smaller.

But going 1060 mini would work? I mean I don't mind going a little lower in settings as I don't game as much anymore recently

1 minute ago, MT14 said:

But going 1060 mini would work? I mean I don't mind going a little lower in settings as I don't game as much anymore recently

yes , it will work just fine. without the need for T sku cpu.

The PSU Spec

http://www.hd-plex.com/HDPLEX-300W-Hi-Fi-DC-ATX-Power-Supply-16V-24V-Wide-Range-Voltage-Input.html

they will probably ship it with a 330 Ac-DC adapter and has a 94% efficiency on the DC-DC part. which means, as long as you use a T-sku cpu, u can actually use your 1070 :) But this will be stressing the PSU quite a bit. just dont try to run a server load or 3d rendering or something too heavy for a long period of time :)

Sadly i have no experiance with this brand :) wish i can give it a test run and torture tests.

Edited by rafazafar
typo

14 minutes ago, rafazafar said:

The PSU Spec

http://www.hd-plex.com/HDPLEX-300W-Hi-Fi-DC-ATX-Power-Supply-16V-24V-Wide-Range-Voltage-Input.html

they will probably ship it with a 330 Ac-DC adapter and has a 94% efficiency on the DC-DC part. which means, as long as you use a T-sku cpu, u can actually use your 1070 :) But this will be stressing the PSU quite a bit. just dont try to run a server load or 3d rendering or something too heavy for a long period of time :)

Sadly i have no experiance with this brand :) wish i can give it a test run and torture tests.

I see that might be tough, I use my current system for photo and video editing mostly so during exports it is using most of the resources

imo OP go for Ncase M1 and SFX or SFX-L. It's a cute little crowdfunded case, and it's really quite nice. you can get a 450w/500/600w sfx psu and keep both your 1070 and 6700. You can fit even an atx psu with some limitations. 

idk

1 hour ago, MT14 said:

I see that might be tough, I use my current system for photo and video editing mostly so during exports it is using most of the resources

If you are planning to have long export times and will be hammering both cpu and gpu simultaneously then either go for a lower powered T-sku cpu or move into a slightly bigger case like the sg13/sg05(smallest volume wise with AIO support), or flat ones like the RVZ01(not that small) or if you are feeling rich the DAN Case A4

I personally find that the sg13 fits in backpacks easier than flat cases as they tend to get very wide/long.
But i am currently working on a VT01 case with a gpu slapped on top of it :) still waiting for parts.

The HDPLEX should handle the load no problem, it actually punches way above it's rated power. The tricky part will be the external power brick. It's quite hard to find bricks that can handle the power peaks that modern GPUs exhibit. I sent you a link where you can check out builds by Josh, the maker of the case, and community members to get a better idea for what's possible. There are some people who managed to cram the Gigabyte 1070 Mini in there, I believe.