Why is my internet being slow on my new pc?

So I had an MSI 970 gaming motherboard with an fx-8350 and i was paying for 50/50 internet speeds, and thats pretty much what i was getting on my pc using ethernet. Then i accidently broke the 8350 with some overkill overclocks, so i then decided to move to intel. while i was saving up for a new intel cpu and mobo i got new internet except this time i was paying for 100/100, so now i have my new cpu and mobo, its an i3-6100 with an asrock h110m-hds, and when i plug in my ethernet cable into my pc i test the network speeds and its only around 20 upload and 20 download :/. why is this? both motherboards have a gigabit ethernet port i think so why would my internet speeds be slower on the new mobo?

Did you install the ethernet drivers for the board from the manufacturers website?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Did you install the ethernet drivers for the board from the manufacturers website?

i indeed did

is this directly hooked up to the modem? check your link speed via network control and click lan connection, if its 1gb/s then thats hooked up correctly. have you got any other devices to check speeds with? for example a phone with 5ghz?

7 minutes ago, tlink said:

is this directly hooked up to the modem? check your link speed via network control and click lan connection, if its 1gb/s then thats hooked up correctly. have you got any other devices to check speeds with? for example a phone with 5ghz?

i use a powerlink adapter, which lets me use ethernet wirelessly kind of. but that limits my speed to a minimum of 200mbps up and down, and i used it on the last motherboard and had no problem so i dont think that is the issue. and how exactly do i check my link speed?

1 minute ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

i use a powerlink adapter, which lets me use ethernet wirelessly kind of. but that limits my speed to a minimum of 200mbps up and down, and i used it on the last motherboard and had no problem so i dont think that is the issue. and how exactly do i check my link speed?

powerlink adapters can be really dodgy, that would be my first guess. even though you said it worked fine before they can get majorly screwed by any appliance on the same net. link speed is in network center, then click lan connection or something like that.

44 minutes ago, tlink said:

powerlink adapters can be really dodgy, that would be my first guess. even though you said it worked fine before they can get majorly screwed by any appliance on the same net. link speed is in network center, then click lan connection or something like that.

ok so i just testing the speeds on a 5g phone i have and it was about 90/90 so it works with my phone just fine. i reinstalled my network driver and its still slow so im gonna try and just stretch a ethernet cable across my house to my pc and see how fast it is without the powerlink adapter

16 hours ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

ok so i just testing the speeds on a 5g phone i have and it was about 90/90 so it works with my phone just fine. i reinstalled my network driver and its still slow so im gonna try and just stretch a ethernet cable across my house to my pc and see how fast it is without the powerlink adapter

and did it help?

1 hour ago, tlink said:

and did it help?

you were right its the powerline adapters, i used a laptop that i had to test the connection using a direct ethernet cable and its was like 100/115 speeds or so, then i tried it again with the same laptop using the powerline adapter this time and its was like 15/20 so you were right dude. thank you for the help though

1 minute ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

you were right its the powerline adapters, i used a laptop that i had to test the connection using a direct ethernet cable and its was like 100/115 speeds or so, then i tried it again with the same laptop using the powerline adapter this time and its was like 15/20 so you were right dude. thank you for the help though

no problem, glad you resolved the issue.