Blue switches

ItsMinJunLol

Hi, I recently decided to change to a cherry mx blue switch, after using my mx browns for a while. To my surprise, the cheapest mx blue keyboard I could find was out of my price range, considering how cheap I got my mx brown keyboard for. Anyways, I have found the MechanicalEagle Z77 and KB558CM. They are very cheap, and I believe they are 65% mechanical. I heard they are Outemu or gaote switches. I believe the outemu switches are heavier than the mx blues, which is nice because I like the switches being heavier, and I don't know anything about the Gaote switches.

Can someone explain to me what a 65% mechanical keyboard is, so where is it membrane and where is it mechanical, and what are the differences between cherry blues, and Outemu and Gaote, and finally, how long do they last? (I know that cherry mx lasts for 50 million)

Probably all the keys (like actual letters)  are mechanical while all the functions and number pads are membrane.  That's my assumption. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

65% keyboards are just a smaller layout keyboard, it doesn't include some keys as the function key row, or the numpad, but it will still have the arrow keys. 65% keyboard tend to have around 66 keys. They are just in a more compact form, which some like me might really like how they look, but its mostly for the reason to save desk space.

The difference between Cherry MX and Outemu and Gaote are the manufacturers. Cherry MX are German made and are the original manufacturers of the first "gaming"/mechanical keyboard. When the patent ran out for the switches, other companies (nearly all from China) started to manufacture these mechanical keys. They are made nearly identical to each other with the exception that Cherry would most likely use higher quality materials to build the switches than the Chinese companies. Also the tolerance level (the consistency) of the switches would be higher in Cherry switches. But to be honest, performance wise, I haven't heard many complaints and for the lower price of the keyboards for non-cherry switches, its a good thing. Now some people can afford mechanical keyboards for a much lower price now.

I don't know about Gaote much, but i've read some complaints of the keyboards that use Gaote switches. Outemu seems fine. Feeling wise, theres little difference, Cherry MX feels better to type on than Outemu or Gaote switches but Outemu are more clickier but experience will vary. For people like me who have used Cherry all the way from the beginning, I personally just prefer Cherry switches because I can indeed tell the difference in typing experience, but its doesn't differ that much. I still do have non-cherry switches like the Tesoro Gram Spectrum and its not like i hate them. For the price, non-cherry switches can be a good thing.

On 2/5/2017 at 8:46 PM, MenSuRx said:

65% keyboards are just a smaller layout keyboard, it doesn't include some keys as the function key row, or the numpad, but it will still have the arrow keys. 65% keyboard tend to have around 66 keys. They are just in a more compact form, which some like me might really like how they look, but its mostly for the reason to save desk space.

The difference between Cherry MX and Outemu and Gaote are the manufacturers. Cherry MX are German made and are the original manufacturers of the first "gaming"/mechanical keyboard. When the patent ran out for the switches, other companies (nearly all from China) started to manufacture these mechanical keys. They are made nearly identical to each other with the exception that Cherry would most likely use higher quality materials to build the switches than the Chinese companies. Also the tolerance level (the consistency) of the switches would be higher in Cherry switches. But to be honest, performance wise, I haven't heard many complaints and for the lower price of the keyboards for non-cherry switches, its a good thing. Now some people can afford mechanical keyboards for a much lower price now.

I don't know about Gaote much, but i've read some complaints of the keyboards that use Gaote switches. Outemu seems fine. Feeling wise, theres little difference, Cherry MX feels better to type on than Outemu or Gaote switches but Outemu are more clickier but experience will vary. For people like me who have used Cherry all the way from the beginning, I personally just prefer Cherry switches because I can indeed tell the difference in typing experience, but its doesn't differ that much. I still do have non-cherry switches like the Tesoro Gram Spectrum and its not like i hate them. For the price, non-cherry switches can be a good thing.

I heard that the outemu blue switches are heavier then cherry, which is good for me because I personally find the keys to be a bit light because of my massive bigger-than-industry-standard hands. I looked up to mx clears and greens but they are very rare and expensive, so I think this might be good for the job. Thanks for the info and since I might want to use the function keys on a future keyboard I buy, is it 10 keyless that I should buy if I want all the page down, arrow keys and functions, but not a numpad? Thanks!