How to Raid0 on a Asus mobo

GeorgeVes

Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me how can I setup a RAID0 configuration on a Z87 Asus motherboard. I couldn't find any tutorials...

Thanks.

Does the Manual not tell you?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Connect the two drives to the SATA controllers, and then on boot up go into BIOS and set the SATA mode to RAID. Reboot and then a new screen will appear you'll need to enter the RAID bios, use Control and I (letter i). Set the RAID mode to 0 and select the two drives (or more) for the RAID 0 setup. Reboot again and you now have a RAID 0 setup.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Can you tell me if once you set up Raid in the Bios, then all other SATA ports on the Motherboard are set to work in RAID?  I'm trying to find out how to set up my Asus Maximus VI Formula motherboard to run RAID 0 on the first 2 ports for the operating system on 2 SSD's, then the 3rd port be connected to 1 hard drive (3-4TB) for storage.  The Asus DIY manual stated that when one port is set to RAID all others are also set to RAID.  So I'm unsure how to set up my planned configuration to work.  I am just starting planning my first build, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  thanks

Rig; CPU - Intel i7-4770k, MB - Asus Maximus VI Formula, Memory- Dominator Platinum 32GB, SSD - Samsung 840 Evo - OS, GPU - Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II, Case - Fractal Design R4 window, Monitor - Asus BG248QE X3 in surround.

Can you tell me if once you set up Raid in the Bios, then all other SATA ports on the Motherboard are set to work in RAID?  I'm trying to find out how to set up my Asus Maximus VI Formula motherboard to run RAID 0 on the first 2 ports for the operating system on 2 SSD's, then the 3rd port be connected to 1 hard drive (3-4TB) for storage.  The Asus DIY manual stated that when one port is set to RAID all others are also set to RAID.  So I'm unsure how to set up my planned configuration to work.  I am just starting planning my first build, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  thanks

Just because you set up your mobo to be in RAID mode does not mean you have to use it, its basically AHCI with the option of RAID. For example I have my mobo in RAID mode and have a RAID 0 array and also have three regular drives as well that are not in a RAID array which are treated as standalone drives as if AHCI , I also have the Hot Swap option enabled so I can offline one of the non-RAID drives from the Disk Management and pull it out while the OS is still running then insert another drive online it and new drive mounts.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Thx. Really appreciate the help. I'm not to experienced with how raid works but really want the speed increase for the OS. Thank you.

Rig; CPU - Intel i7-4770k, MB - Asus Maximus VI Formula, Memory- Dominator Platinum 32GB, SSD - Samsung 840 Evo - OS, GPU - Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II, Case - Fractal Design R4 window, Monitor - Asus BG248QE X3 in surround.