Probably going with 970m, thanks for the input :)

If you can spend about $2200 CAD (since I think Ottawa is in Canada and you're starting university) you can just buy Eurocom's Tornado F5 with a 1070/6700K, 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi drive with an 8265ac wifi card and 16GB 3000MHz RAM and get a far better system than anything you've just listed (plus it'll actually be upgrade-able!). You'll need a working university e-mail, but you get a 10% discount on their machines if you have one.

Or the P750DM2 (Sky X4E2) with a similar configuration for a slightly reduced price (can take 120Hz with this model though, but it costs more).

Would suggest getting a similar configuration in the BGA model, but for some inexplicable reason, it's actually MORE fucking expensive than the LGA/MXM models. I'll never understand eurocom's pricing, but hey roll with it. If sockets are cheaper then more power to the universe. The config on Eurocom is sub-$2400 when it's $3000 elsewhere in CAD, so take it and run with your 10% off student discount.

If you can't sell your machine and MUST take a laptop, take the GT62... but it's a worse machine than either of the above models.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Thanks for the great info, so I doubt I'll be able to use it

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

10 hours ago, D2ultima said:

huh?

Sorry, I meant though.  I was using a speech to text converter

advice: get a macbook 

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-laptops/ottawa/macbook-pro-for-sale/1236847809?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

IF its only to take it to school then yeah. I think its a great option. you have a great setup it would be a shame to sell it for..... yeah those specs.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-laptops/ottawa/macbook-pro-15-inch-i7-top-of-the-line/1236637695?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-laptops/ottawa/mint-condition-macbook-pro-13-3/1235732110?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

i do think for school Macbook will be a better option for extra you are paying. its a great OS and if you don't like it you can switch to a windows. 

+ after you come home you can transfer it to you pc and have the best of both worlds....

+ it saves you a trip

Its not for regular schoolwork, I need to be able to run CAD stuff in class.  I've actually decided to go with the Stealth Pro because I found out it has thunderbolt 3 type C xD I'll use it as a full PC and later on I'll get a eGPU (likely Akitio's offering) for about $350 and a 1070/whatever is the VEGA equivalent $500-600 

This way I have a PC that I can use as a 4lb low battery ultrabook down the road that is also capable of upgrading massively when I need it.

Also, I don't have to scrape together every penny I have and then some lol

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

Its not for regular schoolwork, I need to be able to run CAD stuff in class.  I've actually decided to go with the Stealth Pro because I found out it has thunderbolt 3 type C xD I'll use it as a full PC and later on I'll get a eGPU (likely Akitio's offering) for about $350 and a 1070/whatever is the VEGA equivalent $500-600 

This way I have a PC that I can use as a 4lb low battery ultrabook down the road that is also capable of upgrading massively when I need it.

Also, I don't have to scrape together every penny I have and then some lol

Buy some other ultrabook. XPS 13 if you want.

eGPUs are worthless beyond GTX 1060 cards

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

17 hours ago, D2ultima said:

Buy some other ultrabook. XPS 13 if you want.

eGPUs are worthless beyond GTX 1060 cards

The consistent issue is that I don't have much money and haven't been able to sell my PC.   Also, I have stated several times I need something with a more powerful CPU/GPU combo installed

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

The consistent issue is that I don't have much money and haven't been able to sell my PC.   Also, I have stated several times I need something with a more powerful CPU/GPU combo installed

Except you just said you were going to get the stealth, which has no dGPU at all. And eGPUs are worthless beyond a 1060. Hell they probably don't even fully let a 1060 flex its power.

If you want something cheap with a dGPU in it then maybe just get this:

https://lpc-digital.com/product/sager-np6852-clevo-n850hk1/

My bad, its a GS60 Ghost Pro 4k by Msi - running a full 6700HQ + 970m combo