First time builder, spot my mistakes...

So far I have only bought a z170 Asus mobo. 

I plan on using a G4560 CPU. I have read I will need a bios update which might be hard to do in South Australia without friends. 

Ram I am unsure of, will ddr4 1600 8gbx2 cause any issues? 

Corsair vengeance pro 2400 8gbx2 seems to be the cheapest option locally. 

No plans to run a GPU for a while, an rx480 is all I'm considering upgrading to midyear. 

As for hhds, budget is the concern. Can I get away with a 120gb SSD for booting & a 2tb Seagate barracuda 3.5"?

What's the recommendations? The PC is strictly for word processing, web browsing and youtube in 4k. 

What am I missing?

I don't have a the budget for a fancy case, I'm hoping temps will be kept low, a SHAW case is all I can afford but I'd consider any sub $50aud case. 

What else am I missing? I don't need a sound card ATM, do I need a CD/DVD drive these days?

Are there any cables that I need?

Will the G4560 come with a heatsink/fan combo? 

Will the case require more fans?

My PC supplier is:

Http://www.msy.com.au/parts/parts.PDF

http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

The store is literally a stones throw away and for tax reasons its better to buy locally. 

???

Edit: yes get a DVD drive

and the pentium comes with fan+heatsink. Also if the case doesn't have fans get some. 

I already have the z170 mobo. Can't return it or sell it. 

Not doing any 3d graphics, most work it will see is raw video editing which I'm not in a rush to export in sub 1 minute tines

Have to eat now, but will be back later to comment. In the mean time check my guide in the signature, it is made for this purpose and help you out.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Having a Z170 keeps your options open for upgrading later on the CPU, so thats fine. Also onboard audio is fine enough these days so there is no need for a sound card, unless you have specific sound requirements for programs. CPU should come with cooler.

For RAM aslong as it is DDR4 you are fine with any speed from a reputable brand. 2133 or 2400 is good.

Since you want a GPU do you plan on gaming in the future? Otherwise I see no need for a GPU since you can run fine on the iGPU as you already plan to do unless your video editing programs benefits from the GPU. A cheaper GPU would then probably also suffice in that case.

Do you need that much storage? Could also opt for a 250 GB or higher SSD alone. The Crucial MX300 series are in general good bang for the buck or consider the Samsung 750 series otherwise. Slightly more performance at slightly higher price in general but no day and night difference.

I asume your chosen case has a PSU, but note that cheap cases in general don't have the best quality PSU, allthough it will be fine for a while.

Unless you have use for optical media, no need for a player. OS can be installed trough USB.

There should atleast be 1 fan standard in the case, so you could just add more later if needed, but your system should be ok in general.

Cables should al be fine: your mobo should have sata cables, the PSU the rest and the case has some for internal headers.

O and yes you need a update for CPU support.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Thank you for your reply, I have many PSU laying around from 90's PCs. 350w critters. 

I know the CPU can t make too much heat at 54w,  but does this 4-5v newer ram make more heat than the old days? 

I've seen some IR/FLIR PC footage, but can any one point to a comparison between 2x4gb vs 2x16gb say? 

DDR4 is the standard for how many more years? I'm seeing these sticks refusable for the next ten years of mobos right? So could/should I buy bigger? 

Do any PSU's have a surge protector in them or should I fork out for a protected power board?

Thank you for your reply, I have many PSU laying around from 90's PCs. 350w critters. 

I know the CPU can t make too much heat at 54w,  but does this 4-5v newer ram make more heat than the old days? 

I've seen some IR/FLIR PC footage, but can any one point to a comparison between 2x4gb vs 2x16gb say? 

DDR4 is the standard for how many more years? I'm seeing these sticks refusable for the next ten gears of mobos right? So could/should I buy bigger? 

Do any PSU's have a surge protector in them or should I fork out for a protected power board?

Not sure about heat for RAM but in theory less voltage needed is less heat output, but would not worry about RAM overheating.

8GB is considered minimum these days with 16 being the way to go in the forseeable future for gamers and normal users unless specific workloads that might benefit from more.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list