Overclocking monitor questions (60Hz or 75Hz)

Awesome274

I recently purchased a pair of AOC I2476VWM monitors (Ill leave a link) and overclocked them to 75Hz because I find that it makes things look a lot smoother. They both seem to be handling the overclock well so far, and I know there are risks involved in overclocking anything, but will 15Hz over 60Hz have that much of an impact on their lifespan? Would appreciate someone a little more knowledgeable on this sort of stuff letting me know whether i should just stick to 60Hz or keep the slight overclock. Thanks in advance!

Monitor: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_1195_700_1103&item_id=095698

Ive seen people say yes it does and people say no it doesn't. There really isnt a solid answer as far as i know. I personally can't see why it would but there are people who would say different.

its going to impact is but i doubt it will be verry long tbh. i have all my monitors overclocked as far as they can go and i will keep them at that untill they die

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

its going to impact is but i doubt it will be verry long tbh. i have all my monitors overclocked as far as they can go and i will keep them at that untill they die

May i ask how long your monitors are used everyday? and how long you've had them overclocked?

40 minutes ago, Awesome274 said:

May i ask how long your monitors are used everyday? and how long you've had them overclocked?

6+h a day, and they have been overclocked for about 8-10 months now

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016