Node 202 downsize

Tasuma
5 minutes ago, Tasuma said:

Didn't that spoiler there. I could keep the games I didn't play much on an external 1tb and kept the few I play normally on the SSD. 

I just prefer to get a 500+ or so SSD because I had to upgrade to that from 240gb because I needed more storage for all my programs and games that I actively use. But if you don't thing you have (or will have) this problem then stick with that storage solution.

7 minutes ago, Tasuma said:

IF it is that bad I could just get an SG13B + sfx psu. 

The SG13B uses ATX PSUs. Why not just get the Node 202 without the PSU and buy a Corsair SF 450 separately? 

3 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The SF13B uses ATX PSUs. Why not just get the Node 202 without the PSU and buy a Corsair SF 450 separately? 

Doesn't it use sfx or atx? Also gets a bit too close for my price cap.

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

4 minutes ago, Tasuma said:

Doesn't it use sfx or atx? Also gets a bit too close for my price cap.

The Node 202 uses SFX PSUs, so something like a Corsair SF450 would be ideal

The SG13B uses ATX PSUs, so something like a Corsair CX 450M would be ideal.

36 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The preinstalled PSU in the Node 202 is bad, I would highly recommend you get another PSU, the Corsair SF450 is very good.

Really now? I haven't seen a review of it at all so I just assumed it's "meh, probably OK".

19 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

There is, 

There is more, but I am too lazy to find them.

You should know by this point that all PSUs, from Logysis to Seasonic Prime Titanium, can come faulty. Just this week we had a guy's GQ 650W blow up within two months of buying. If you've seen more than just this case, I'll take you on your word, but a review / platform would be best. Unfortunately it doesn't show up on RealhardtechX's PSU database.

I'll go looking for a photo of it so maybe I can track it via the 80plus.org search engine.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

11 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Really now? I haven't seen a review of it at all so I just assumed it's "meh, probably OK".

You should know by this point that all PSUs, from Logysis to Seasonic Prime Titanium, can come faulty. Just this week we had a guy's GQ 650W blow up within two months of buying. If you've seen more than just this case, I'll take you on your word, but a review / platform would be best. Unfortunately it doesn't show up on RealhardtechX's PSU database.

I'll go looking for a photo of it so maybe I can track it via the 80plus.org search engine.

No, I understand that one bad PSU doesn't make the whole model shit, but last time I checked there was a lot of negative feedback on the Amazon and Newegg listing about the PSUs being DOA or dying shortly after they bought it. I know that often people don't give feedback after buying items, but there is more than than what you would usually see on a listing.

FSP is the OEM, so it is likely to be based on this:

https://plugloadsolutions.com/psu_reports/FSP TECHNOLOGY_FSP450-60GHS(85)_ECOS 2148_450W_Report_Rev 2.pdf

12 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

No, I understand that one bad PSU doesn't make the whole model shit, but last time I checked there was a lot of negative feedback on the Amazon and Newegg listing about the PSUs being DOA or dying shortly after they bought it. I know that often people don't give feedback after buying items, but there is more than than what you would usually see on a listing.

FSP is the OEM, so it is likely to be based on this:

https://plugloadsolutions.com/psu_reports/FSP TECHNOLOGY_FSP450-60GHS(85)_ECOS 2148_450W_Report_Rev 2.pdf

Yeah you might be right, there are companies that make PSUs I trust blindly if they're OEM, like Delta or even Andyson, but FSP has some amazingly bad ones so that was the first strike.

Second strike was the user you linked had their GPU die to the dying PSU. PSUs with proper protection features should not take something out when they die (that's bad QC at the very least).

Lead regulation on the plugload page shows some dubious numbers like the 3.3V rail showing 3.4 in all tests but the full (3% deviation), and the 12V rail/s at 11.8 which is not terrible but not good. Assuming this Integra SFX unit is the same internally (could have a different AVL for caps, for instance), that would be strike three. Edit: Maybe not same platform, this FSP from the page is single rail, but the Integra SFX is dual rail.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

• 1 month later...

i would suggest scyte big shuriken. its really big and good on cooling. its a snug fit but it fits .

dont forget 2 high static pressure fan for your gpu.