NAS Hard Drive Problems

RobertVanGilder

Hey everyone. I have a Promise NS2300N NAS that needs two hard drives. I have two WD Green 1TB Identical drives. (5400rpm). Before I installed them on the NAS, I formatted NTFS 16KB and put them back in. One of them is working but the other one gives me the orange light and the beeping sound to show that something is wrong. When I put the faulty drive on my PC (Goni Build Log) it works great. When I put it on the NAS it gives me the orange bleep thing..

Does anyone have any ideas?

Try a different drive - maybe a issue with the port itself? Why didn't you let the NAS unit format them?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Try a different drive - maybe a issue with the port itself? Why didn't you let the NAS unit format them?
I don't have a different drive -.-...The port is fine. When I flip the drives inside the NAS, it's always drive B that fails...Even when I put drive B in bay A it's still that drive that don't work. The thing is that the drive is fine..It works on my test bench just fine...

Are you able to have the NAS software itself re-format it?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Nope. It doesn't allow allow me to access the NAS if a HDD is broken.

OMG - Fail NAS. :) If you put both drives in - there should be some sort of "reset" that will wipe the unit and drives back to defaults?