500$ upgrade to the existing build

bitdota

Hey,

The time has come to upgrade my PC, and for that i need your help.

What would you upgrade on this build first? Keep in mind that i don't really play AAA games. I would play some CS GO and RTS games probably.

Motherboard: Asus P8B75-ML-E

CPU: i3 3220

GPU: 7770

RAM: 8GB DDR3

SSD: Kingston 126gb

honestly if you only play cs go you don't really need an upgrade, but if you think it's time to give it a refresh I would go with a better processor that fits your mobo (like an i5 3470) and a better graphics card like an rx 470/480 (assuming you have a psu that handles it). This is the maximus upgrade I would reccomend considering your current config, it also saves you some money as it should come at around 250 bucks.

if you really want to go full loaded and spend 500 bucks than you can do that but it would be more than a new build than an upgrade as you would be keeping only case psu and ssd. In that case I would go with a new 1151 mobo, 8gigs of ddr4 ram, an i5 7400 and an rx 480.

honestly I don't think the extra performace gain (which shouldn't be that huge, or even noticeable, also considering your use) is worth it. On the plus side you get much newer hardware. It's up to you to decide.

edit: I used usa/canada for price references, if you live in europe like I do, consider a ~20% increase 

3 hours ago, bitdota said:

Hey,

The time has come to upgrade my PC, and for that i need your help.

What would you upgrade on this build first? Keep in mind that i don't really play AAA games. I would play some CS GO and RTS games probably.

Motherboard: Asus P8B75-ML-E

CPU: i3 3220

GPU: 7770

RAM: 8GB DDR3

SSD: Kingston 126gb

get a i5 6500 with a DDR3 motherboard (cheaper end ones) + a RX 470 4GB. That should be plenty for your needs.