RAM broken aswell or faulty debug?

Demiqas
Go to solution Solved by Demiqas,

If anyone anywhere may ever stumble upon the same problem, apparantly MSI's EZ Debug Led just like to stay red on the RAM modules for a couple of seconds on boot. I ran a memtest and both my sticks are fine.

I recently bought a Bazooka B150M 1151 motherboard coupled with a g4560. It took me a while until I figured out the reason my PC wouldn't even get into the BIOS is because the motherboard's BIOS version was too outdated to work with the new kaby lake cpu's. However, when I turn on my computer, the MSI EZ Debug flashes red not only on the CPU, but also on the RAM. Now the RAM sticks here are a couple of new ones I ordered and they're just ordinary ddr4 2133mhz ram sticks. 

So my question is, could it be a faulty debug reading due to the fact that my CPU isn't compatible with the motherboard, or could my RAM sticks be legit broken. I'd like to know, because I'm about to order a skylake pentium (and return it after I'm done flashing the BIOS) and it'd be good to know if I may have to order some new RAM aswell.

2 minutes ago, Demiqas said:

I recently bought a Bazooka B150M 1151 motherboard coupled with a g4560. It took me a while until I figured out the reason my PC wouldn't even get into the BIOS is because the motherboard's BIOS version was too outdated to work with the new kaby lake cpu's. However, when I turn on my computer, the MSI EZ Debug flashes red not only on the CPU, but also on the RAM. Now the RAM sticks here are a couple of new ones I ordered and they're just ordinary ddr4 2133mhz ram sticks. 

So my question is, could it be a faulty debug reading due to the fact that my CPU isn't compatible with the motherboard, or could my RAM sticks be legit broken. I'd like to know, because I'm about to order a skylake pentium (and return it after I'm done flashing the BIOS) and it'd be good to know if I may have to order some new RAM aswell.

Don't bother ordering a Skylake pentium, get a i3 6100 and return the G4560. 

The 6100 is generally better anyway and smashes both of them. The EZ Debug would flash Red when the processor is not supported. Not sure about the RAM, check your manual. 

idk

39 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Don't bother ordering a Skylake pentium, get a i3 6100 and return the G4560. 

The 6100 is generally better anyway and smashes both of them. The EZ Debug would flash Red when the processor is not supported. Not sure about the RAM, check your manual. 

From what I've seen, the i3 is about 10% faster than the G4560 and costs double the amount, I don't see why I would do that.

And yeah I'll check the manual about that.

3 minutes ago, Demiqas said:

From what I've seen, the i3 is about 10% faster than the G4560 and costs double the amount, I don't see why I would do that.

And yeah I'll check the manual about that.

in US it's like $25 more for around 20% more performance in games bc it turbos higher. understandable.

idk

If anyone anywhere may ever stumble upon the same problem, apparantly MSI's EZ Debug Led just like to stay red on the RAM modules for a couple of seconds on boot. I ran a memtest and both my sticks are fine.