Buying off a used CPU from Ebay (india)

Hello guys,

Can anyone could is it safe to buy used cpus from ebay (india)

im trying buy a core i5 4690k or 4670k or even i7 4790k(if available just saying XD)

but right now i had found myself a 4670k some around 14k inr

and is cod available for that product???

Current Rig Specs:

CPU : Intel pentium g3258 @ 4.2ghz (some games aren't working at all. eg- watchdogs 2, cod aw, fc4,etc)

Ram : 4gb

Motherboard : ASUS B85M-G

Hdd : WD 1tb green

PSU : 500w (i dont what model is it)

Graphics Card : ASUS R7-260x 2gb

CPUs are durable, they are usually fine used. If it is DOA, eBay requires that the sender allows returns. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Make sure you read the description fully before buying anything. If the buyer doesn't say it works (if they just don't mention it) I would avoid it or make sure it works by sending them a message first. If you can, buy from a seller that accepts returns, in case it is DOA. 

Provided you make sure you read everything fully and know what condition it is in, it's normally safe. I have an i3 3220 that was bought from eBay running in a server that's been running for the majority of January, no problems so far. 

3 minutes ago, Prithviraj Rock said:

wait take a look at this link 

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Intel-Core-i5-4670K-/172500276397?hash=item2829d154ad:g:y6EAAOSwNnRYif7z.

tell me ur preferences....

The scratches on the IHS is a big no no for me. That metal isn't super easy to scratch, so it's almost certainly been tampered with in some way, possibly someone trying to delid the CPU. The chip in the IHS on the right side is also a bit weird. I don't trust them at all that it hasn't been overclocked. 

I would definitely ask for some better quality pictures of it, especially of the contacts on the underside of the chip. 

41 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

CPUs are durable, they are usually fine used. If it is DOA, eBay requires that the sender allows returns. 

Are you positive about that?  What if a seller lists it "As is"?  I don't believe they have to accept returns if they specify the don't accept returns.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

12 minutes ago, mmaatt747 said:

Are you positive about that?  What if a seller lists it "As is"?  I don't believe they have to accept returns if they specify the don't accept returns.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#description

If a buyer receives an item that doesn't match the listing description, the buyer needs to request a return from My eBay. The seller should address the buyer's concern and offer a solution, such as accepting a return, offering a replacement or refund.

So long as the description describes the CPU as functional at any point, you are protected. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

3 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#description

So long as the description describes the CPU as functional at any point, you are protected. 

Ok that's where you as a buyer have to be careful then.  If the seller lists it "As is" and does not specify that's it's a working CPU that might cause a problem for the buyer but Ebay does usually protect the buyer more than the seller.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC