Best Mid Tower for Aircooled system

GIJew
Go to solution Solved by GIJew,

Thanks for all the replies but I still love the look of that 600T soo much, also I think the 200mm (or are they 140's?) push a decent amount of air.

Hey Everyone,

I really want to upgrade my case but I'm really torn on what to get.

At the moment I want to go entirely air-cooled, maybe throw a few more fans in with the new case.

(If I get a good deal in the future I may head down the WC route but I doubt it)

I really like the white Corsair 600t and C70, but apparently the cooling potential isn't too great?

Can anyone help me out a little bit?

(BTW I can get CM, Corsair, Thermaltake (eww tho) and Antec cases for a good price)

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

Air 540. SAID IT FIRST!!!

For mid-towers I would go for Phantom 530, which looks nice.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

'airflow' and such is mostly BS, as long as everything has place to breath and the fans dont have a HDD cage infront of them your components will be fine

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Air 540. SAID IT FIRST!!!

For mid-towers I would go for Phantom 530, which looks nice.

the air 540 is the best case for what i said above

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Hey Everyone,

I really want to upgrade my case but I'm really torn on what to get.

At the moment I want to go entirely air-cooled, maybe throw a few more fans in with the new case.

(If I get a good deal in the future I may head down the WC route but I doubt it)

I really like the white Corsair 600t and C70, but apparently the cooling potential isn't too great?

Can anyone help me out a little bit?

(BTW I can get CM, Corsair, Thermaltake (eww tho) and Antec cases for a good price)

What is your focus? Best possible cooling, looks, easy to build in, quality or silence?

My vote goes to the Arc series of cases from Fractal or the Haf series if you can stomach the looks

What is your focus? Best possible cooling, looks, easy to build in, quality or silence?

It needs to look nice, but paramount is the cooling.

As far as building in, as long as it has rubber grommets, silence doesn't matter.

I'm not really a fan of the R4 (I know right blasphemy), it looks a little too bland for my tastes- obviously better than a HAF-X or Level 10 GTS 

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

It needs to look nice, but paramount is the cooling.

As far as building in, as long as it has rubber grommets, silence doesn't matter.

I'm not really a fan of the R4 (I know right blasphemy), it looks a little too bland for my tastes- obviously better than a HAF-X or Level 10 GTS

What about the Arc series from Fractal? :-p

What about the Arc series from Fractal? :-p

Ehh, I'm not really a fan, I'd honestly rather have a 650D I guess.

Ehh, I'm not really a fan, I'd honestly rather have a 650D I guess.

Then thee you have your answer! The 650D looks to be an awesome case, if I were in the market for a Corsair case, I wouldn't look at anything else :-p

Then thee you have your answer! The 650D looks to be an awesome case, if I were in the market for a Corsair case, I wouldn't look at anything else :-p

But I love that white 600t sooo much :/

I'm just so torn!

The Corsair Carbide 500R is also a good option. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

But I love that white 600t sooo much :/

I'm just so torn!

Get the case that suits you best spec and looks wise, colour can always be vinyl wrapped on afterwards ;)

Thanks for all the replies but I still love the look of that 600T soo much, also I think the 200mm (or are they 140's?) push a decent amount of air.

The Corsair Graphite Series Black 600T will have plenty of airflow for you and they are 200mm fans that you are looking at. The larger the fan the quieter they are.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans