i5 4570 OC

Mike87

Hi all,

I'm a big noob when it comes to CPU OC, so I hope someone can help me. I have the i5 4570 OC with the OC Genie from my Mobo. I've just read that this is crap and that you should OC by hand :S

Righ now OC Genie pushes my 3.2 Ghz. to up to 3.6 GHz.

Does someone have experience with how much OC is possible with this CPU? I must say that I don't have any special cooling, just my cpu fan and 4 case fans. Right now when I game and have the OC Genie on my CPU reaches between 65-68°C.

Any experience or maybe guide to how I can OC to the best and safest limit?

Thanks

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

1 minute ago, Mike87 said:

Hi all,

I'm a big noob when it comes to CPU OC, so I hope someone can help me. I have the i5 4570 OC with the OC Genie from my Mobo. I've just read that this is crap and that you should OC by hand :S

Righ now OC Genie pushes my 3.2 Ghz. to up to 3.6 GHz.

Does someone have experience with how much OC is possible with this CPU? I must say that I don't have any special cooling, just my cpu fan and 4 case fans. Right now when I game and have the OC Genie on my CPU reaches between 65-68°C.

Any experience or maybe guide to how I can OC to the best and safest limit?

Thanks

Since it's a non-K CPU on a non overclocking chipset, your abilities are going to be incredibly limited.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, keNNySOC said:

You can't overclock...the only thing you can do is really use the turbo boost

Oh, too bad...

How can I ensure that the CPU is always running in turbo boost? When playing BF1 f.e. I almost always have 100% CPU Usage. But the OC Genie mostly gives me around 3,4ghz

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

4 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

You can't overclock...the only thing you can do is really use the turbo boost

That's where he's getting to 3.6GHz

http://ark.intel.com/products/75043/Intel-Core-i5-4570-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz

@Mike87 OC Genie isn't doing anything.  At all.  If you disabled it, you'd get the same results.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's where he's getting to 3.6GHz

http://ark.intel.com/products/75043/Intel-Core-i5-4570-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz

@Mike87 OC Genie isn't doing anything.  At all.  If you disabled it, you'd get the same results.

Oh really? Didn't know that... Then what is limiting my max CPU usage if it is already hitting 100% and only giving me 3,4ghz? The temperature is fine, it is always below 70°C

My Setup: 

Oh really? Didn't know that... Then what is limiting my max CPU usage if it is already hitting 100% and only giving me 3,4ghz? The temperature is fine, it is always below 70°C

Because Turbo Boost isn't constant.  It's a temporary increase for heavy situations.  The processor isn't designed to run at the TB frequency all the time.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

@Mike87 When you put the CPU under load it almost always jumps to its max frequency, in your case 3.6GHz.

Like when my i3 is under load it goes from around 800MHz up to 3.7GHz sometimes going down to 3.6GHz, because 3.7GHz is the max clock supported on the i3 6100.

Like a couple people said, Turbo boost won't always apply it to the highest clock since like others said it's not designed for being at that clockspeed for long periods of time.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Ok, thanks for the information, helped me out a lot understanding this :D

So is there nothing I can do to get more power from my current cpu?

My Setup: 

1 hour ago, Mike87 said:

So is there nothing I can do to get more power from my current cpu?

Not really. Turbo boost is all you have. Unless you count upgrades.

Nothing.

@Mike87 I have the same one but the thing that fix my issue is not under bios, go back to your bios use your default Setting. then go to your Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Balanced then set it to High Performance. "Note: if you do this even if your computer is under idle it will generate more heat and it will run it Base Clock to Turbo Boost Speed" and yeah doing this Gave my BF1 High Setting a 60FPS and the thing is BF1 need more than 8GB. I upgraded to 16GB as soon as I watch a lot of YouTube video that it helps a lot.

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB

9 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

@Mike87 I have the same one but the thing that fix my issue is not under bios, go back to your bios use your default Setting. then go to your Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Balanced then set it to High Performance. "Note: if you do this even if your computer is under idle it will generate more heat and it will run it Base Clock to Turbo Boost Speed" and yeah doing this Gave my BF1 High Setting a 60FPS and the thing is BF1 need more than 8GB. I upgraded to 16GB as soon as I watch a lot of YouTube video that it helps a lot.

One more thing under BIOS in my ASUS MoBo > Ai Tweaker set CPU Core Ratio = Auto then Proceed Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options set High Performance.

GAMING RIG

22 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

I'm not sure but I think I set it to high performance.

I don't need more than 8GB, I close all the background processes like Chrome when playing BF1. While playing I am mostly around 80% RAM usage

My Setup: 

I'm not sure but I think I set it to high performance.

I don't need more than 8GB, I close all the background processes like Chrome when playing BF1. While playing I am mostly around 80% RAM usage

Yeah trust me I had that same feeling but I promised you once you upgrade your 8gb to 16gb your ram usage will spike to 9gb to 11gb. but you can still play at 8gb I just notice my gameplay drop FPS bad on a 64player map.

GAMING RIG

16 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

Yeah trust me I had that same feeling but I promised you once you upgrade your 8gb to 16gb your ram usage will spike to 9gb to 11gb. but you can still play at 8gb I just notice my gameplay drop FPS bad on a 64player map.

He uses 32GB and BF1 never went over 7GB. Or which video told you else? Maybe this was before the Patch?

My Setup: