My hate for Bitspower grows!

Akula

The only Bitspower product in my entire loop is the 150ml Upgrade Top & D5 V2 Mod Top.

And guess what?

It leaks.

Not just a little, but a free flowing leak.

Shitty O-Ring's between the Upgrade Kit & V2 Mod Top.

No way to tell if my components are still working until i get my replacement on Friday.

Let's just say i am quite annoyed with Bitspower, once again.

This is the second time Bitspower products has caused leaks in my systems, safe to say this will be the last time i run into this problem again.

I'll stick with EK.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I have never had any problems with bitspower parts and i would have used over $5000 dollars worth of parts on multiple builds (for work)

Sorry mods, no more witty retorts.

Anyway, it seems in recent months around the various forums the past of some companies in this industry has been forgotten. Stick with a vendor all you want, but they're far from saints in terms of product quality. If anyone has been in this hobby for a while, you'll recall the days of rampant cracking acrylic cylinder res's, and more recently a rash of faulty plated blocks. In both instances the stance taken has been to blame the customer, not exactly a pinnacle of customer service

That said, they're not alone; primochill has had this problem with their typhoon3 res, DD had it with bad port threads causing leaks in the early days, koolance and swiftech did it with plated alu blocks, xspc's nylon d5 bayres was a warped piece of junk initially, etc. The handful of companies that haven't really released lemons is less then you can count on one hand, and I think all of them aren't even in business anymore. Even Aqua had early problems with alu and some of their electronic hardware.

The point is, bad luck happens. Companies usually have a decent history, but some have a far worse track record of problems then others. Bitspower which you're done with, is not one of those companies. They should all be called out when things do go wrong though, absolutely. We're a small enough segment in the PC industry that if we start to accept crap, we'll eventually be left with only crap from business attrition.

Anyway, it seems in recent months around the various forums the past of some companies in this industry has been forgotten. Stick with a vendor all you want, but they're far from saints in terms of product quality. If anyone has been in this hobby for a while, you'll recall the days of rampant cracking acrylic cylinder res's, and more recently a rash of faulty plated blocks. In both instances the stance taken has been to blame the customer, not exactly a pinnacle of customer service

That said, they're not alone; primochill has had this problem with their typhoon3 res, DD had it with bad port threads causing leaks in the early days, koolance and swiftech did it with plated alu blocks, xspc's nylon d5 bayres was a warped piece of junk initially, etc. The handful of companies that haven't really released lemons is less then you can count on one hand, and I think all of them aren't even in business anymore. Even Aqua had early problems with alu and some of their electronic hardware.

The point is, bad luck happens. Companies usually have a decent history, but some have a far worse track record of problems then others. Bitspower which you're done with, is not one of those companies. They should all be called out when things do go wrong though, absolutely. We're a small enough segment in the PC industry that if we start to accept crap, we'll eventually be left with only crap from business attrition.

From my experience, if you tell the retailer that something went wrong, they will give you a re-fund.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Personally, I've never had any leaks on any of my components including parts from bitspower, swiftech, xspc, hwlabs, primochill, DangerDen, EK, and koolance that wasn't my fault.  Check your assembly.  When I first assembled my D5 mod kit, I didn't get the seal quite right right with the o-ring.  Fixed that and no leaks since.  And like Ghost said, typically if you tell a retailer or manufacturer that something didn't work properly, they'll usually work with you.  I've only had one experience to the contrary (EK nickel plating incident, which is why I never by anything from EK that's nickel plated anymore)

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

From my experience, if you tell the retailer that something went wrong, they will give you a re-fund.

I am not talking about the retailer, and not every country has zealous consumer protection laws like many EU residents enjoy. Retailers have nothing to do with this, it is entirely about the companies.