Galaxy S 4 has best battery life, iPhone 5s well behind other smartphones in new tests

Youbetternot

Where I live, if both phones had the same size battery, the S4 would waste $12.06 worth of electricity annually doing the same thing that the 5S was doing.

Sure, but that doesn't make the 5S battery last any longer.  That's all this test is about.  Most people don't count their milliwatts.

Maybe because the iphone 5s has a smaller battery? This test is irrelevant, efficiency is what matters...  Not how big your screen is and how big of a battery you can fit behind it.

Most people don't care about efficiency. You can't compare smartphones to vehicles. Difference in annual cost for a smartphone with better or worse efficiency is almost irrelevant, for a car it's quite relevant.

At the end of the day, what matters is if your phone battery lasted or not, period. It's not an efficiency contest, it's usability.

They could invent a 50mAh battery with uber-crazy efficiency, but if the phone lasted for only an hour, then it's just plain useless.

>G2

>3000mAh battery

Do it benchmarkers, do it.

3200mAh with mine Note 3 :D

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Sure, but that doesn't make the 5S battery last any longer.  That's all this test is about.  Most people don't count their milliwatts.

Most people don't care about efficiency. You can't compare smartphones to vehicles. Difference in annual cost for a smartphone with better or worse efficiency is almost irrelevant, for a car it's quite relevant.

At the end of the day, what matters is if your phone battery lasted or not, period. It's not an efficiency contest, it's usability.

They could invent a 50mAh battery with uber-crazy efficiency, but if the phone lasted for only an hour, then it's just plain useless.

My phone lasts all day so why would a bigger battery matter anyways, the s4 will last longer, but you'll only be using a fraction of what the tests showed.  Now that we've established that it's unlikely to run through your battery in one day, why wouldn't efficiency matter?

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I wanna see the Note 3 on that chart...

me as well

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

My phone lasts all day so why would a bigger battery matter anyways, the s4 will last longer, but you'll only be using a fraction of what the tests showed.  Now that we've established that it's unlikely to run through your battery in one day, why wouldn't efficiency matter?

Because it's not what we're talking about...

The actual run time does matter to other people, even if it doesn't to you.  There are plenty of people with phones and usage patterns that leave them with empty batteries before the day is over.  

You've established that for your use, but people use their smartphones differently.

If you are not a hardcore user and bigger battery is not a need, then yes, you are correct, if you care about $10~$20 a year. Truth is, today's batteries are not enough for a heavy user to last a full day.

You've established that for your use, but people use their smartphones differently.

If you are not a hardcore user and bigger battery is not a need, then yes, you are correct. Truth is, today's batteries are not enough for a heavy user to last a full day.

If you're using your phone constantly all day, you should rethink your priorities.  If you're spending six hours using internet on your phone everyday, there's a problem.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Maybe because the iphone 5s has a smaller battery? This test is irrelevant, efficiency is what matters...  Not how big your screen is and how big of a battery you can fit behind it.

The 5s/5c also have half the cores, less ram, a better optimized OS, smaller screen and a much Much lower resolution!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

The 5s/5c also have half the cores, less ram, a better optimized OS, smaller screen and a much Much lower resolution!

Also, it only had 58% of the battery that the S4 has, android phones are so fragmented and unoptimized it's not even funny anymore.  Why can't manufacturers get there s--- straight and why is google being such a d--- about it...  I whole heartedly would go for an android phone if it were better in those aspects.  In comparison, a console will be much better per MHz than a PC since the hardware and software is optimized by the company and it only changes from generation to generation.  Same thing with Apple, they have one type of phone in nine million hands in the first weekend of release with no variations except for storage and appearance.  The majority of people on this forum only use an android phone, "Because it's not Apple."  Also, this isn't a dick measuring contest, it's an argument of efficiency, which the 5S wins no matter what you say.

Also, it only had 58% of the battery that the S4 has, android phones are so fragmented and unoptimized it's not even funny anymore.  Why can't manufacturers get there s--- straight and why is google being such a d--- about it...  I whole heartedly would go for an android phone if it were better in those aspects.  In comparison, a console will be much better per MHz than a PC since the hardware and software is optimized by the company and it only changes from generation to generation.  Same thing with Apple, they have one type of phone in nine million hands in the first weekend of release with no variations except for storage and appearance.  The majority of people on this forum only use an android phone, "Because it's not Apple."  Also, this isn't a dick measuring contest, it's an argument of efficiency, which the 5S wins no matter what you say.

The android platform was developed for customization. This allows for vastly more form factors and more variance in what the platform can do. Manufacturers mostly have their shit straight, and google is starting to crack down on android optimization. the fact that Android is vastly different than iOS is what makes it special, it makes it good!

Now onto the fragmentation argument.

Yes android is fragmented but so is IOS. not to the same extent but over the years it's going to get worse and worse.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I have the iphone 5 and it's battery is pathetic i hate this phone so much lol