Asus laptop monitor flickering erratically during cold boot-> is fine after I login.

Hey guys,

I've had this Asus G552VW for almost a year now and I'm pretty happy with it. Until recently.

Every time it starts from a cold boot (being off for more than an hour) the screen flickers erratically between black and the actual image or colors of the image. If I wait long enough it will just go away, but it usually fixes itself as soon as I login and it takes me to the desktop. I can usually stop it by pressing the area just above the right screen hinge. So one could only assume it's a hardware problem.

But I wasn't expecting this...

I tried going in the BIOS setup and BOOM that fixed the flickering it does not flicker when I am in the setup. If I save and quit the laptop will reboot normally without flickering all the way through post->boot->login->desktop.

I'm really at a loss. I tried updating to the latest BIOS, but that didn't work. I tried uninstalling my graphics drivers. But to no avail.

Please troubleshoot gods, help a man in need.

Sincerely, a desperate citizen of Belgium

All i can say is you might need to take it to a near by shop to see if they can fix it or get a new one (prob not an option i know but just saying)

5 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

Is the warenty still active on it?

You get 3 years of warranty on any product sold in Europe. So yeah.

I'll contact Asus maybe it's a known problem and I can quickly send it in. I need my computer for uni so it might be difficult.

2 minutes ago, Smashbow said:

You get 3 years of warranty on any product sold in Europe. So yeah.

I'll contact Asus maybe it's a known problem and I can quickly send it in. I need my computer for uni so it might be difficult.

If it falls under your warrenty  i would try to go through that. Back up whats importent to a friends drive or somthing and send it.