Silly computer

RileyTheFox

That message is standard for pretty much all computers and servers unless to suppress it in the BIOS.

-KuJoe

Lol whut. Okay, I guess cores have their own fans and so do hard drives.. and how the fck can I continue if my keyboard doesn't work? 

My day isn't going well..

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

That message is standard for pretty much all computers and servers unless to suppress it in the BIOS.

Way to ruin the fun

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

Lol whut. Okay, I guess cores have their own fans and so do hard drives.. and how the fck can I continue of my keyboard doesn't work? 

xD I was like "Since when do cores have fans?" And "Last time I checked my hard drive didn't have a fan"

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

5 minutes ago, Wolther said:

Lol whut. Okay, I guess cores have their own fans and so do hard drives.. and how the fck can I continue if my keyboard doesn't work? 

Cpu's are counted in 2 ways. CPU 0 and CPU 1 or CPU 1 and CPU 2. (CPU Socket not individual cores) It depends on the manufacturer. And yes some OEM PC's have fans dedicated to blowing air thru the HDDs.  Because OEM -_- 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

5 minutes ago, Wolther said:

Lol whut. Okay, I guess cores have their own fans and so do hard drives.. and how the fck can I continue of my keyboard doesn't work? 

CPU 0 is the socket not core. I believe the hard drive fan is in relation to the fan header. The "press F1 to continue message" means you can plug in a keyboard (or remove and plugin the current keyboard in most cases) and press F1 to continue instead of having to reboot. The message also appears for the Fan alerts so it would be there regardless of the keyboard alert.

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Cpu's are counted in 2 ways. CPU 0 and CPU 1 or CPU 1 and CPU 2. (whole CPU not individual cores) It depends on the manufacturer. And yes some OEM PC's have fans dedicated to blowing air thru the HDDs. 

1) we're joking about the core fans

2) there is no hard drive with a built in fan as far as I know.

Please don't start stating facts and info trying to correct a simple joke, it's unfunny 

2 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Cpu's are counted in 2 ways. CPU 0 and CPU 1 or CPU 1 and CPU 2. (CPU Socket not individual cores) It depends on the manufacturer. And yes some OEM PC's have fans dedicated to blowing air thru the HDDs.  Because OEM -_- 

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

CPU 0 is the socket not core. I believe the hard drive fan is in relation to the fan header. The "press F1 to continue message" means you can plug in a keyboard (or remove and plugin the current keyboard in most cases) and press F1 to continue instead of having to reboot.

oh, idk why I read it at core 0. I guess I've never seen it written as CPU 0 before. But yeah, I know the hard drive fan is related to the fan header. Was just ya know. yeesh 

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

oh, idk why I read it at core 0. I guess I've never seen it written as CPU 0 before. But yeah, I know the hard drive fan is related to the fan header. Was just ya know. yeesh 

I'm just sharing some knowledge for other that read this thread, I'm not giving you a hard time or anything like that I just happened to quote you in my reply. :)

-KuJoe

24 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

Please don't start stating facts and info trying to correct a simple joke, it's unfunny 

Sorry didn't mean HDD with built in fan meant a fan that blows across the hard drive bays front to back (or vice versa) pulling air in through the front of the case, or pushing air out

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

35 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

Your original joke was unfunny.

Looks like someone pulled all the fans out of the headers and tried to start the computer with the alerts enabled. 

I don't understand why that was supposed to be funny in the first place.

1 hour ago, EvilCat70 said:

Found this in the computer room at school today, Dell couldn't get any more dumb

image.jpeg

Damn it my hard drive fan gave out :( 

That's pretty much a standard message across all Dell computers. I know because I have more than I need of them. In some cases there IS a fan for the hard drive. This is often seen in the small form factor machines. And CPU0 refers to the main CPU in a machine. You could also see a message such as CPU1 fan failure in a multi-processor machine. As far as the keyboard, you could hot-plug a USB keyboard and press the keys it indicates on screen.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

The "No keyboard found, press any key to continue" -joke is one of the oldest computer related I know.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Your original joke was unfunny.

Looks like someone pulled all the fans out of the headers and tried to start the computer with the alerts enabled. 

I don't understand why that was supposed to be funny in the first place.

20 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

That's pretty much a standard message across all Dell computers. I know because I have more than I need of them. In some cases there IS a fan for the hard drive. This is often seen in the small form factor machines. And CPU0 refers to the main CPU in a machine. You could also see a message such as CPU1 fan failure in a multi-processor machine. As far as the keyboard, you could hot-plug a USB keyboard and press the keys it indicates on screen.

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

The "No keyboard found, press any key to continue" -joke is one of the oldest computer related I know.

I don't care if it's 'oldest computer related joke' or it's not funny. I wanted to share it with you. Deal with it. 

1 minute ago, EvilCat70 said:

I don't care if it's 'oldest computer related joke' or it's not funny. I wanted to share it with you. Deal with it. 

Which would mean this post could have better suited as status update.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Which would mean this post could have better suited as status update.

And who reads status updates?

33 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

And who reads status updates?

Everyone else who decided not to comment on this....