Setup theme?

TheOrangeYoshi

Going to ask for some of the forum users opinions on building my next setup around an autumn themed setup (i found a unique corsair strafe rgb profile which utilises warm colours of orange and yellow with a unique breeze effect on it and  i found a nice mural which fits this theme http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222331011584 ).  My other option is a red/orange and blue setup built around a poster of blaziken and lucario from pokemon  (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6p1GF8MpQXEOWRGaU9ha2xfUE0 ) which i made and installed rgb led behind.  I currently have the poster hung up on my wall and ive tested the primarily blue pokemon theme and tried out an autumn themed setup.  From my perspective i love looking at the autumn themed setup but during the day the colours dont pop compared to the blue but at night the autumn themd setup really shines because of the contrast of warm colours in the dark whereas the blue theme looks too gamery and overpowering.  Also would like some adivce on purchasing a second monitor to add.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6p1GF8MpQXEMGVTT19yd09VOUU  The blue themed setup (sorry for the crappy quality)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6p1GF8MpQXEY0ZhSVpwTC1Jc3c Thea autumn themed setup

In terms of the monitor, what's the current one you have? Would you like a similar one/the same one?

As for the theme, I love adding themes to things I do :P Every season my laptop, desktop and phone backgrounds all get changed to appropriate seasonal images. Never seen someone do it to an entire set-up though, I can imagine it will be nice once all finished. Could look into getting a brown wooden desk or something. Maybe even just mod the desk in some way to make it fit with the theme more :). 

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Well, first off that isnt very autumn. Its jsut a leaves wallpaper. Ill post my autumn setup when I get home.

- snip-

I'm all game for SciFi/Fantasy themes so for now I have a Fantasy castle at the side of a lake and a figure on a horse on a pathway to the castle.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

On 24/01/2017 at 6:10 AM, MrDynamicMan said:

Ok, heres my autumn setup:

image.jpg

looks nice ive decided to continue with my pokemon themed setup because i didnt have a desk which would fit that type of theme

On 23/01/2017 at 11:02 PM, Rhyss said:

In terms of the monitor, what's the current one you have? Would you like a similar one/the same one?

As for the theme, I love adding themes to things I do :P Every season my laptop, desktop and phone backgrounds all get changed to appropriate seasonal images. Never seen someone do it to an entire set-up though, I can imagine it will be nice once all finished. Could look into getting a brown wooden desk or something. Maybe even just mod the desk in some way to make it fit with the theme more :). 

I have the acer CBH280HK (it is 28 inches 4k 1 ms response and 60hz) but i don't want to buy another because of how expensive it is (i managed to get a deal on the one i bought) but i have found other 28 inch monitors of about $250-300 aud.  Currently my gpu is only a 750ti so i definetly cannot run 4k but i will consider upgrading soon to a 1060 or 1070.

19 minutes ago, TheOrangeYoshi said:

Finalised my setup :)

unnamed.jpg

Awesome, that looks great.

- snip-