yey or nay? Overkill?

Lukas Dolk

Hello guys! so i've been browsing the web now and started to get some kind of a plan of a rig i wanna build. I´m a bit noob to pc gaming but i'm not a complete moron since i know a few things on what to look out for when building a pc but i've never built one before. Anyways! i wanted you guys to tell me what you think of the following specs i've come up with, is it overkill? is it underpowered? what should i replace in the list? I haven't gotten around to exactly everything that's going to be in the build but i would love you guys to recommend me example what ssd i should buy since i haven't gotten around to that part yet! :) 

case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB

Motherboard: Asus strix Z270H 1151

Cpu: I7 6700K 4,0GHz 1151

Cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X

Psu: Corsair RMX Series RM750 80Plus Gold 750W

Gpu: Asus Strix GTX 1060 OC 6GB

Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 PC17000/2133MHz CL14 2X8GB

Please note!

Gpu that will be used in the build is already bought and currently running in my PC :D

what monitor/res? All looks great for 1080P

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

It is definetly not underpowered.

Will you be overclocking the CPU?

I won't overklock it if not needed but maybe, but it depends on wether the motherboards supports the oc or not :) 

3 minutes ago, Lukas Dolk said:

Hello guys! so i've been browsing the web now and started to get some kind of a plan of a rig i wanna build. I´m a bit noob to pc gaming but i'm not a complete moron since i know a few things on what to look out for when building a pc but i've never built one before. Anyways! i wanted you guys to tell me what you think of the following specs i've come up with, is it overkill? is it underpowered? what should i replace in the list? I haven't gotten around to exactly everything that's going to be in the build but i would love you guys to recommend me example what ssd i should buy since i haven't gotten around to that part yet! :) 

case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB

Motherboard: Asus strix Z270H 1151

Cpu: I7 6700K 4,0GHz 1151

Cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X

Psu: Corsair RMX Series RM750 80Plus Gold 750W

Gpu: Asus Strix GTX 1060 OC 6GB

Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 PC17000/2133MHz CL14 2X8GB

Please note!

Gpu that will be used in the build is already bought and currently running in my PC :D

It really does depend on what games you play, no ones gonna use a titan x for roblox haha. But if you like todays modern games this is definitely a great rig that will keep up to modern games for years to come

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

what monitor/res? All looks great for 1080P

Monitor res will at this moment stay at 1080p gaming yes :) 

1 minute ago, Lukas Dolk said:

I won't overklock it if not needed but maybe, but it depends on wether the motherboards supports the oc or not :) 

The motherboard you have chosen supports overclocking, as well as the CPU.

If you're not planning to, however, I'd recommend getting a CPU and mobo that doesn't to save some cash!

Do you have RAM?

1 minute ago, Daniel22 said:

It really does depend on what games you play, no ones gonna use a titan x for roblox haha. But if you like todays modern games this is definitely a great rig that will keep up to modern games for years to come

This is meant for Arma, Battlefield, Rainbow six seige, CS:GO, a big variation of games but many high demanding games :D 

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

The motherboard you have chosen supports overclocking, as well as the CPU.

If you're not planning to, however, I'd recommend getting a CPU and mobo that doesn't to save some cash!

Do you have RAM?

As listed in the topic i was going for 2 8gb Kingston ram :) 

5 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

Looks good to me. EVGA G2/G3 PSU might be cheaper though

i'll look into it thanks! :) 

You only need a 450W/550W psu for that build.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

You only need a 450W/550W psu for that build.

I've got a 500W PSU atm, I'm more thinking of being on the safe side when running OC and you never know if the 1060 some time in the future gets a brother ;) 

2 minutes ago, Lukas Dolk said:

I've got a 500W PSU atm, I'm more thinking of being on the safe side when running OC and you never know if the 1060 some time in the future gets a brother ;) 

You can't SLI the GTX 1060. 

What is your current 500W psu ?

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

You can't SLI the GTX 1060. 

What is your current 500W psu ?

Oh yeha that's right haha stupid me haha xD Dont really understand that question? Yeah i have a 500 (484W) power supply atm (factory supply) in this current pc.