Woot, finally got my fiber!

Ddm5

Quite happy now, going from a 6/0.8 connection to this: 3080392987.png

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Holy mother of god thats fast, i was happy with my 40down and 7 up. I do have 3 ms ping on average however which is nice.

-BT (we pay £23 a month or a year i forgot)

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Holy mother of god thats fast, i was happy with my 40down and 7 up. I do have 3 ms ping on average however which is nice.

-BT (we pay £23 a month or a year i forgot)

I live in South Wales mate, I'm more than happy with this, paying around £40 including the line rental, quite happy with this was expecting them to send me around 50 down and 10 up from what my friends have said. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

I live in South Wales mate, I'm more than happy with this, paying around £40 including the line rental, quite happy with this was expecting them to send me around 50 down and 10 up from what my friends have said. 

south london here, hopefully i can push my parents to upgrade to the 100mb down package which would be awesome.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

south london here, hopefully i can push my parents to upgrade to the 100mb down package which would be awesome.

Fair enough then, my area hasn't had fiber for that long so it's nice to see I'm not being screwed by talktalk, probably going to max the connection out and download all the games I've been meaning to for a while. getting a solid 8MB/s -> 9.5MB/s on downloads which is a lot nicer compared to the old 400KB/s -> 600KB/s.

Still have my 600 KB/s internet speed... Living the life man. Living the life.

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

You're pretty lucky with that speed. I'm on talktalk fibre as well and i average 30 down and 5 up. Have you got the ultimate fibre package? Because mine is the first one :)

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Indeed you are mate, fiber is just on another level when you get it. 

You're pretty lucky with that speed. I'm on talktalk fibre as well and i average 30 down and 5 up. Have you got the ultimate fibre package? Because mine is the first one :)

Yea, I went for the full on large package to myself, 65-75 down with 20 up, quite happy. 

I got the 60mb package :) I can't quite get the full speed with power line.

I wish virgin had better upload though.

3080469138.png

Directly connected to the router:

Internet_Speed.png

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

dat upload. I wish virgin gave me one like that.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

I got the 60mb package :) I can't quite get the full speed with power line.

I wish I virgin had better upload though

3080469138.png

Directly connected to the router:

Internet_Speed.png

I specifically went with TalkTalk's large package as it provided me with the upload speed I need for youtube videos, the medium package is a lot lower, around 3Mb/s on the up. 

dat upload. I wish virgin gave me one like that.

Loving the upload, around 20 minutes to upload 5 minutes of a shadowplay recording for a test that my friend screwed up for me  <_<.  

I specifically went with TalkTalk's large package as it provided me with the upload speed I need for youtube videos, the medium package is a lot lower, around 3Mb/s on the up. 

I see, I see. It's the same with VM. They have a way faster up speed on the 100mb package, I'd probably stream a lot more often if I had that. It's not impossible though, I'll make do.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

Loving the upload, around 20 minutes to upload 5 minutes of a shadowplay recording for a test that my friend screwed up for me  <_<.  

Oh man I can only dream. I would upload bf4 gameplays and lots of my lovely 4k videos but with my upload speed from virgin it takes too long and they then destroy my connection.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

I see, I see. It's the same with VM. They have a way faster up speed on the 100mb package, I'd probably stream a lot more often if I had that. It's not impossible though, I'll make do.

Pretty much mate, I was absolutely sick of downloading my games for hours on end, I've heard and seen of the 100Mb packages within the denser areas, my area is moreso a lower priority and as so, we had fiber around about 6-7 months ago so yea, I'm more than happy though, uploading at the moment, might stream for shits and giggles later to test it and see. 

I'm happy with 15by 3 as that's the fastest in my area the ping is always 40 or higher

Rolling on 100KB/s Down 40KB/s up. :D

\

Oh man I can only dream. I would upload bf4 gameplays and lots of my lovely 4k videos but with my upload speed from virgin it takes too long and they then destroy my connection.

Yea, my connection seems fine when uploading to be honest, the only problem I can see with you is the fact you're recording in 4k, doesn't that put a heavy load on the CPU and HDD?

I'm happy with 15by 3 as that's the fastest in my area the ping is always 40 or higher

15/3 isn't actually that bad, my ping used to always be in the 50's.

Oh crikey, I've been there, not for long but hey, how is that even bearable? 

How do you even do anything

15/3 isn't actually that bad, my ping used to always be in the 50's.

Oh crikey, I've been there, not for long but hey, how is that even bearable? 

How do you even do anything

Well it this or nothing. Paying around $70 total a month for "unlimited" data xD South Africa...

\

Well it this or nothing. Paying around $70 total a month for "unlimited" data xD South Africa...

I play 10$ for unlimited 15/3

I guess you could say it's better than nothing, but 70$ a month for that phwoah.

yes we get it you have bad interwebs... 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler