how to build a raid 0 System with Intel 750 serise SSD but different Port

Caesar_AK

I'm using  Asus Rampage V Edition 10 and two intel 750 series SSD 1.2T , one of they is connect to U.2 and the another one is connect to a u.2 port white chance by m.2 with using asus hyper kit.

But I can't set raid 0 at my bios !

What should I do now ?  

12 minutes ago, Caesar_AK said:

I'm using  Asus Rampage V Edition 10 and two intel 750 series SSD 1.2T , one of they is connect to U.2 and the another one is connect to a u.2 port white chance by m.2 with using asus hyper kit.

But I can't set raid 0 at my bios !

What should I do now ?  

Your board supports it. I don't have that MB, but I image it would be similar to this:

https://rog.asus.com/articles/maximus-motherboards/what-is-raid-setup-guide/

3 minutes ago, Caesar_AK said:

THX , Bro!

But I already read this and follow the step to build and didn't work.     =.=

Are you able to set it to RAID at all? And what exactly isn't working?

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Are you able to set it to RAID at all? And what exactly isn't working?

Can't set it to raid at all.......

Dears

I get the same problem!My MB is Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10,and the CPU is i7-6950x,there are two TitanXP plug in the PCIe1 and PCIe 3 to make 2WAY-SLI,one of the ssd is plug in to the U.2,and the other one is plug in to the Asus hyper kit card which let the M.2 to be change to U.2.And now the BIOS can find the full information of both ssd and show it,but still could not to create the raid 0 on the BIOS setting,how could I do?Thank you very much!

2 minutes ago, PeteChen0611 said:

Dears

I get the same problem!My MB is Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10,and the CPU is i7-6950x,there are two TitanXP plug in the PCIe1 and PCIe 3 to make 2WAY-SLI,one of the ssd is plug in to the U.2,and the other one is plug in to the Asus hyper kit card which let the M.2 to be change to U.2.And now the BIOS can find the full information of both ssd and show it,but still could not to create the raid 0 on the BIOS setting,how could I do?Thank you very much!

LOL ! They is what I want to ask too. XDDDDDDDDD

3 minutes ago, Caesar_AK said:

me too lol

9 minutes ago, PeteChen0611 said:

Dears

6 minutes ago, Caesar_AK said:

I just read on a couple other forums, that the reason you may not be able to is because you might not be able to RAID between U.2 and M.2 due to shared bandwidth (whatever that's worth). So hardware speaking, it sounds like they might share the same lanes, so they cannot be read/write to separately, which would prevent you from being able to effectively RAID.

So, unless you have other devices to attach (which I would assume you should have one 3.5 or 2.5 HDD/SSD, then the MB may not let you set it. Otherwise, i would try putting in a couple standard drives and see if the MB lets you. If so, then its because the board won't let you raid both U.2 and M.2.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/asus-rampage-v-edition-10.222513/

I accidentally closed out of another forum I found.

Edit: But aside from following the directions in the first link I sent, make sure you DO install the RAID drivers. My MSI board came ready to go, no need for drivers. But ASUS is special sometimes. Check drivers.

15 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I just read on a couple other forums, that the reason you may not be able to is because you might not be able to RAID between U.2 and M.2 due to shared bandwidth (whatever that's worth). So hardware speaking, it sounds like they might share the same lanes, so they cannot be read/write to separately, which would prevent you from being able to effectively RAID.

So, unless you have other devices to attach (which I would assume you should have one 3.5 or 2.5 HDD/SSD, then the MB may not let you set it. Otherwise, i would try putting in a couple standard drives and see if the MB lets you. If so, then its because the board won't let you raid both U.2 and M.2.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/asus-rampage-v-edition-10.222513/

I accidentally closed out of another forum I found.

Edit: But aside from following the directions in the first link I sent, make sure you DO install the RAID drivers. My MSI board came ready to go, no need for drivers. But ASUS is special sometimes. Check drivers.

Thanks RyuJin

But I make sure that it is possible to make the RAID 0 with PCIe and U.2 at the same time.So it is the same with U.2 and M.2.And I have setup the latest verson driver for NVMe...

39 minutes ago, PeteChen0611 said:

Thanks RyuJin

But I make sure that it is possible to make the RAID 0 with PCIe and U.2 at the same time.So it is the same with U.2 and M.2.And I have setup the latest verson driver for NVMe...

If you don't get any other responses, I'd recommend also contacting ASUS tech support, see what they say.

Also, you can have the latest NVMe driver, but RAID driver is different

27 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

If you don't get any other responses, I'd recommend also contacting ASUS tech support, see what they say.

Also, you can have the latest NVMe driver, but RAID driver is different

Thanks again

I had sent the mail to Asus tech-support,waitting for the news...

Raid can be setup in the bios wizard only if your drives are shown in the list. If not then, it's either not supported or some settings are messed up. When using the hyperkit, the option has to be selected in the bios.

Setup the RAID using Intel's Matrix Storage Manager, not through windows, this means RAID must be setup first before you even begin installing the OS.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list