Standoff's NEED HELP ASAP

grillechese

I just got my new Phantek P400 and I'm having trouble removing the standoff's i'm not using and putting them where I need them. I basically missing two standoffs and the bottom of my mirco atx board. 

For some odd reason no additional standoffs came in the little bag of hardware they give you....

Anyone know how to get these other motherboard standoffs out of their spots? I don't have any pilers...

Plus will it be alright if I leave the two at the bottom? (I doubt it but just wondering)

Can you take a picture of where they're actually located at?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Can you take a picture of where they're actually located at?

of ALL of them?

Just now, grillechese said:

of ALL of them?

Only the two standoffs at the bottom. I mean, depending on how the board actually sits in there, I don't know if leaving the two in the bottom should do any harm. To get the other ones out, do you have a pair of thin "grippy" gloves?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Only the two standoffs at the bottom. I mean, depending on how the board actually sits in there, I don't know if leaving the two in the bottom should do any harm. To get the other ones out, do you have a pair of thin "grippy" gloves?

okay, give me a minute on the picture. I don't think i have any around. but i'll check.

5 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Here is the image. The one my screw driver is pointing at as well as the one straight to the left have NO standoffs. 

I guess I should mention that I have a long card. A Asus 1060 Strix.

Photo Jan 19, 7 58 12 PM.jpg

You will have an extremely difficult time removing standoffs by hand . Can you 'borrow ' pliers or a small adjustable wrench/spanner, perhaps a screwdriver with many optional bits sporting a nut driver.

Do NOT be tempted to run the system with the standoffs that are not being used in place however generally it is not the end of the world if not all positions have a stand off in them.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

1 minute ago, soup said:

Do NOT be tempted to run the system with the standoffs that are not being used in place however generally it is not the end of the world if not all positions have a stand off in them.

It depends on where they're located. If they're nowhere near the board, it's fine.

2 minutes ago, soup said:

You will have an extremely difficult time removing standoffs by hand . Can you 'borrow ' pliers or a small adjustable wrench/spanner, perhaps a screwdriver with many optional bits sporting a nut driver.

I have standoffs for all expect for 2 of them

2 minutes ago, grillechese said:

I have standoffs for all expect for 2 of them

I would still install those two additional standoffs if you can get some. It'll help ground the system even further, and give additional mechanical security(of course if you use screws too that is).

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

It depends on where they're located. If they're nowhere near the board, it's fine.

I meant under the board, obviously if they are the outer ones for E-ATX and your using a MiniATX board, edge ones don't matter

"This too shall pass"

I would still install those two additional standoffs if you can get some. It'll help ground the system even further, and give additional mechanical security(of course if you use screws too that is).

do you know if you could get some standoffs at like a best buy or something?

15 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

the gloves didn't work. any other suggestions?

Availlable from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-Brass-Motherboard-Standoffs-Computer/dp/B00213KL5I/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1484874736&sr=8-11&keywords=standoffs

they are also availlable from your local electronics store, they are quite the staple so I would imagine that any computer store would carry them .  I am in Scotland so I do not know what stores are availlable to you but I have seen s few videos were they talk of getting a CPU from Best Buy so would imagine that store also carries standoffs, take a loose one with you to ensure you get the right length, thread etc.  The store I would use here (if for some reason I couldn't wait on Amazon delivering is Maplins

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/motherboard-screwnut-standoff-50-pack-a05bj

stand-offs are not 'as rare as rocking horse droppings' so should be relatively easy to find.

"This too shall pass"

1 minute ago, soup said:

Availlable from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-Brass-Motherboard-Standoffs-Computer/dp/B00213KL5I/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1484874736&sr=8-11&keywords=standoffs

they are also availlable from your local electronics store, they are quite the staple so I would imagine that any computer store would carry them .  I am in Scotland so I do not know what stores are availlable to you but I have seen s few videos were they talk of getting a CPU from Best Buy so would imagine that store also carries standoffs, take a loose one with you to ensure you get the right length, thread etc.  The store I would use here (if for some reason I couldn't wait on Amazon delivering is Maplins

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/motherboard-screwnut-standoff-50-pack-a05bj

stand-offs are not 'as rare as rocking horse droppings' so should be relatively easy to find.

alright thanks.