best motherboard?

im looking to get another 980ti for my rig and my current motherboard doesn't have enough PCIe x16 ports to allow for another card. so i was wondering what motherboard would be good for me? i only ask because i have been looking for a while but haven't found much besides the z97a but that uses ddr3 instead of my preferred ddr4. thanks in  advance to anyone who can help :) 

p.s im very nooby to this whole side of things so go easy on me pls xD

What CPU do you have? How much can you spend? Do you have enough PSU for another 980ti?

Current specs?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

What are your specs?

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

i have an i7 6700k CPU, psu 650, and hopefully not too much, wanted to spend some on another 980ti but i will have about £700 to spend

my specs are GTX 980Ti, 6700k i7, 16gb ram 2tb Storage. i wanted to upgrade to 1440p and sit comfortably at at least 90fps, so i decided to double down on 980Tis, instead of one 1080 now when they'll just release a 1080ti at some point 

1 minute ago, elliot447 said:

i have an i7 6700k CPU, psu 650, and hopefully not too much, wanted to spend some on another 980ti but i will have about £700 to spend

You will need a new PSU. 650w won't cut it. Why not sell current 980 ti and get an upgrade?

i was thinking 1080 initially, but the fps boost wouldnt warrant the £650 pricetag imo, especially with the chances of a ti in the future 

5 minutes ago, elliot447 said:

i was thinking 1080 initially, but the fps boost wouldnt warrant the £650 pricetag imo, especially with the chances of a ti in the future 

A 1080 is better than 980ti in SLI and not all game can use 2 GPU's. Also you won't need to get a new SLI able motherboard and a new PSU too

i looked at a few benchmarks and the 980ti gets more fps than a single 1080, but you do raise some good points 

if i were to get a 1080 which version would you suggest? 

54 minutes ago, elliot447 said:

if i were to get a 1080 which version would you suggest? 

I went with the EVGA FTW hybrid. The cost increase was marginal, you can push the card decently higher when you OC it, and temp's/noise are significantly improved at base clocks and minor OC's.

8 minutes ago, Paradine Sage said:

I went with the EVGA FTW hybrid. The cost increase was marginal, you can push the card decently higher when you OC it, and temp's/noise are significantly improved at base clocks and minor OC's.

good to know, thank you!!

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

A 1080 is better than 980ti in SLI and not all game can use 2 GPU's. Also you won't need to get a new SLI able motherboard and a new PSU too

A single 980 ti is only about 20% slower than a 1080, 980 TI SLI is SIGNIFICANTLY faster, and at the very worst when SLI support isn't available, you'll just have a 20% slower experience.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089