Gigabit Network problem

Sdot

I just recently upgraded to the RCN gigabit plan, however when I use the speedtest at their website I range from 200 to 600 down. I saw 800 down once and only once. Is this normal or should I be expecting 900+ down most of the time?

I am directly connected to the modem.

if you want to get a better understanding of you network speeds and how they fluctuate just check during it when networks would be using it the most like during business hours and off peak. you should get some understanding of your real speeds. your speeds will also be slower if you are a long distance from your ISPs networking gear

1 hour ago, Sdot said:

I just recently upgraded to the RCN gigabit plan, however when I use the speedtest at their website I range from 200 to 600 down. I saw 800 down once and only once. Is this normal or should I be expecting 900+ down most of the time?

I am directly connected to the modem.

What does the rest of your network look like? Have you tried any other speed testing websites?

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

13 hours ago, Eniqmatic said:

What does the rest of your network look like? Have you tried any other speed testing websites?

At the time of the tests, The network was one Ethernet cord directly from the modem to one of the ethernet ports on my motherboard, Nothing else.