Suggestions on PC Speaker?

Phred_2468

I am rocking Logitech Z200s. 

They're $23. They sound...pretty goood. I am sure nobody will be blown away by the way they sound, but they're just as satisfying as any $100 headphone out there. 

Just buy these blind-folded if you just want a set of speakers for your desk/room. 

On 1/18/2017 at 9:18 PM, kokakolia said:

They're $23. They sound...pretty goood. I am sure nobody will be blown away by the way they sound, but they're just as satisfying as any $100 headphone out there. 

Just buy these blind-folded if you just want a set of speakers for your desk/room. 

Ok thanks for the suggestion!

budget?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

On 1/18/2017 at 9:18 PM, kokakolia said:

Also how exactly does the Logitech Z200 connect to my PC?

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

budget?

Not too expensive, but I don't want crappy speakers for PC.

Just now, Phred_2468 said:

Not too expensive, but I don't want crappy speakers for PC.

well that is objective, I personally think that the JBL LSR 305 offers great value and isn't too expensive.

If you want something closer to the 100$ mark, then I think the Micca PB42X offers a good value, if you can't find the PB model, then there is the Micca MB42X, but you need a speaker amp for those

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

well that is objective, I personally think that the JBL LSR 305 offers great value and isn't too expensive.

If you want something closer to the 100$ mark, then I think the Micca PB42X offers a good value, if you can't find the PB model, then there is the Micca MB42X, but you need a speaker amp for those

So do they just connect to my pc through 3.5mm audio jacks?

2 minutes ago, Phred_2468 said:

So do they just connect to my pc through 3.5mm audio jacks?

yeah, but the PB42X needs a 3.5mm jack to RCA cable and the LSR 305 needs 3.5mm to dual 1/4"

yeah, but the PB42X needs a 3.5mm jack to RCA cable and the LSR 305 needs 3.5mm to dual 1/4"

I dont quite understand. what do you mean that it needs an RCA cable or dual 1/4" Sorry I'm not really into speakers

2 minutes ago, Phred_2468 said:

I dont quite understand. what do you mean that it needs an RCA cable or dual 1/4" Sorry I'm not really into speakers

Jack to RCA https://www.amazon.com/RocketBus-Headphone-3-5mm-White-Stereo/dp/B019ATNOY0/ref=sr_1_1?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1485025423&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=jack+to+rca&psc=1

3.5mm jack to stereo 1/4" jack https://www.amazon.com/GLS-Audio-Y-Cable-Splitter-Cord/dp/B0062QPERU/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1485025471&sr=1-2&keywords=3.5mm+to+1+4+stereo

I should have said stereo 1/4" sorry about that

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

So do these come shipped with the adapters already or I have to getthem myself?

Just now, Phred_2468 said:

So do these come shipped with the adapters already or I have to getthem myself?

you need to buy them. The PB and MB also need speaker cables.

The PB needs speakers cables that goes from one speaker to the other one, while the MB needs speaker cables that goes from the speaker amp to each speaker

you need to buy them. The PB and MB also need speaker cables.

The PB needs speakers cables that goes from one speaker to the other one, while the MB needs speaker cables that goes from the speaker amp to each speaker

Why is this so complicated..... So what type of speaker cable or is there only one kind. FML

1 minute ago, Phred_2468 said:

Why is this so complicated..... So what type of speaker cable or is there only one kind. FML

oh just go on amazon and search "speaker cable".

oh just go on amazon and search "speaker cable".

So theres only one type of speaker cable then

So theres only one type of speaker cable then

there are different thickness and lots of other things, but don't worry too much about that.

I am sure that something like these are more than fine https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-14AWG-Speaker-Wire-Feet/dp/B00I8V8YE2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1485025942&sr=8-6&keywords=speaker+cable

there are different thickness and lots of other things, but don't worry too much about that.

I am sure that something like these are more than fine https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-14AWG-Speaker-Wire-Feet/dp/B00I8V8YE2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1485025942&sr=8-6&keywords=speaker+cable

So sorry but one last thing please list all the things too look out for or else im screwed

Im very grateful for people like you thank you!

no problem and thank you :) 

https://www.amazon.com/Arion-Legacy-AR504LR-BK-Speaker-Subwoofer/dp/B0039NM52Q/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1485026308&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=arion%2B2.1&th=1

They have a couple versions at different price points; I have the 'Large' version of those, but I'm probably going to get the 'Extra Large' version soon. They get quite loud, have a ton of bottom end and has a remote. Sound quality is pretty good considering the price, and since you can adjust the sub volume, you can tweak the bass level to your room/preference. The downsides are small, but the LCD display is obnoxiously bright; I put electrical tape over it. And the speaker cables are rather short. Depending on your setup though, this may not even matter. If you need more length, you can always buy Female to Male RCA extension cables to make it work.

1 minute ago, Omon_Ra said:

https://www.amazon.com/Arion-Legacy-AR504LR-BK-Speaker-Subwoofer/dp/B0039NM52Q/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1485026308&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=arion%2B2.1&th=1

They have a couple versions at different price points; I have the 'Large' version of those, but I'm probably going to get the 'Extra Large' version soon. They get quite loud, have a ton of bottom end and has a remote. Sound quality is pretty good considering the price, and since you can adjust the sub volume, you can tweak the bass level to your room/preference. The downsides are small, but the LCD display is obnoxiously bright; I put electrical tape over it. And the speaker cables are rather short. Depending on your setup though, this may not even matter. If you need more length, you can always buy Female to Male RCA extension cables to make it work.

Why are you guys soooo cool thanks for helping out!!

5 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

are there any oher colors I dont really prefer the orange and black