Would it bottleneck?

Go to solution Solved by Ben718,

No, don't worry about bottlenecks to much, but I would get a Pentium G4560, I'm not sure if the new H motherboards are more money but its Idenical performance for 30 dollars cheaper, which can make up the cost of the motherboard if any

3 minutes ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

Also, guys do I need to get a mechanical keyboard for my first PC build?

I ran my first build on a 20inch TV and a 10 dollar keyboard and spent most of my money on the computer itself. I ended up getting a proper monitor later and never ended getting a mechanical keyboard because I didn't like the feel any more than the 10 dollar one. 

12 minutes ago, Jack Kaye Pc Gamer said:

no, i dont have one and im fine they are just nice to type on but definitley not needed

what one do you have?

1 minute ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

what one do you have?

I have this, nothing amazing but gets the job done.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sumvision-LED-Colour-Backlit-Keyboard/dp/B00FQLKW06/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1484781657&sr=8-3&keywords=sumvision+keyboard

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

looks nice

yh main reason i got it was on keyboard audio buttons so i can raise lower and mute my computers audio easily

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

2 minutes ago, Jack Kaye Pc Gamer said:

yh main reason i got it was on keyboard audio buttons so i can raise lower and mute my computers audio easily

Oh right

22 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Be careful, not all H110 boards are shipped with the latest BIOS installed. And without a skylake CPU to boot it on, you can't update it.

Safest bet is a B250 board.

yea

3 minutes ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

what about a b150?

Like the person I quoted, Some Skylake motherboard may not have the right BIOS updates to boot up, same goes for both if that's your question

2 minutes ago, Ben718 said:

Like the person I quoted, Some Skylake motherboard may not have the right BIOS updates to boot up, same goes for both if that's your question

yes thanks

It will be fine, but I would recommend an i5, just for future proofing if you want to add another 1060 or upgrade the gpu later on ;)  

2 minutes ago, VirusStorm said:

It will be fine, but I would recommend an i5, just for future proofing if you want to add another 1060 or upgrade the gpu later on ;)  

cant sli 1060's

5 minutes ago, VirusStorm said:

Future proofing by getting an i5 a month before Ryzen? How does that make sense.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Future proofing by getting an i5 a month before Ryzen? How does that make sense.

This is considering he dosen't want to wait. If he does, then wait for ryzen. TBH I don't really think ryzen will be that much better than an i5

1 minute ago, VirusStorm said:

This is considering he dosen't want to wait. If he does, then wait for ryzen. TBH I don't really think ryzen will be that much better than an i5

Ryzen ain't worth it

5 minutes ago, VirusStorm said:

An 8C/16T cpu that was shown to be atleast on-par with Broadwell's IPC? How is it going to be anywhere near the performance of a 4C/4T i5. And it's not going to be a slow crawl with multithreading like with the FX series, since now all consoles are using 8core AMD CPU's. Games are going to have to be multithreaded, because the IPC of those jaguars is poor.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

Ryzen ain't worth it

Bold statement.

An 8C/16T cpu that was shown to be atleast on-par with Broadwell's IPC? How is it going to be anywhere near the performance of a 4C/4T i5. And it's not going to be a slow crawl with multithreading like with the FX series, since now all consoles are using 8core AMD CPU's. Games are going to have to be multithreaded, because the IPC of those jaguars is poor.

The 8C/16T cpu is going to be expensive. AMD even stated that they can't be the "cheaper option" anymore

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Bold statement.

Why?

Cause we have no pricing yet, or the full extent of the models. How can you be so sure.

AMD has for a while been the budget option not what you want for a nice good gaming PC TBH

Cause we have no pricing yet, or the full extent of the models. How can you be so sure.

Then why are you assuming the prices will be lower and/or match the price of the i5? 

AMD has for a while been the budget option not what you want for a nice good gaming PC TBH

The Pentium 4 was a terrible CPU, so I guess that means Intel can't produce any good products after that?

1 minute ago, VirusStorm said:

Then why are you assuming the prices will be lower and/or match the price of the i5? 

I'm not, but how can you futureproof when there is immintent risk of it no longer being futureproof. At all.

The Pentium 4 was a terrible CPU, so I guess that means Intel can't produce any good products after that?

I'm not, but how can you futureproof when there is immintent risk of it no longer being futureproof. At all.

No longer being futureproof? Lol, just because a new architecture releases, the cpu is no longer effective for a long period of time whatsoever? 

intel at the point of Pentium it was a good CPU at the time FX on the other hand is not