Need some help with new pc.

Hello Guys 

I watch youtube tech videos.Pretty much gathered knowledge of building a pc.

I am going to build a pc after a few day.maybe a month.

But i have no idea about the software,applications and uefi.Someone please help me out.

1.What applications do i need after building a pc.I know i have install the drivers.But what regular stuffs music and video player etc et. Please let me where can i get them. 

2.I have no clear idea about bios.What changes need to be made? How to overclock both cpu and gpu.? I need some guide of them.Any clue?

3.I need to what test applications do people use? Stuffs like monitoring temps,Benchmarking,checking if the system stable or not, fan controlling amd other test apps.

4. Please let me know what  softwares you guys use? Some useful apps for regular usage.Recommend anything. That'll help me a lot.

Sorry for my bad English.Thanks

Also pls recommend a browser. Is chromed enough. What application do i need to ssd? Installing browser in ssd make browsing faster?

5 minutes ago, Tahsin Alam said:

Hello Guys 

But i have no idea about the software,applications and uefi.Someone please help me out.

1.What applications do i need after building a pc.I know i have install the drivers.But what regular stuffs music and video player etc et. Please let me where can i get them. 

2.I have no clear idea about bios.What changes need to be made? How to overclock both cpu and gpu.? I need some guide of them.Any clue?

3.I need to what test applications do people use? Stuffs like monitoring temps,Benchmarking,checking if the system stable or not, fan controlling amd other test apps.

4. Please let me know what  softwares you guys use? Some useful apps for regular usage.Recommend anything. That'll help me a lot.

1. https://ninite.com/
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjIweExETlI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA_l5-HDel4
  3. MSi Afterburner (Which you also overclock things.), AIDA64 (Stress test), NZXT Cam (Monitoring software).
  4. Opera Neon (Browser), Spotify (Music), iStudiez Pro (School planning), Office 2016.

Here's to the crazy ones...

I personally use HWiNFO64 for monitoring temps and fan speeds.

Chrome is plenty for browsing, and I install system software (browsers, drivers, monitoring software etc.) on my SSD

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3,5GHz

-Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3i

Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate LGA1151 ATX

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4-2133MHz

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 White

-Fans: 3x Corsair HD120 1x Corsair AF140L

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD (System disk) + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD (Storage)

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Partpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wPhTtJ

2 minutes ago, Tahsin Alam said:

Also pls recommend a browser. Is chromed enough. What application do i need to ssd? Installing browser in ssd make browsing faster?

I use Opera Neon (experimental), Chrome is enough for the average user.

Your browser will start up faster, but won't improve your internet.

Also, you don't have to be sorry for your use of English.

I'm not a native speaker either, and you'll see it gets easier after a while.

Here's to the crazy ones...

@Tahsin Alam

VLC
Google Chrome
CCleaner

HWinfo64 for monitoring system

Spybot Anti-Beacon for disabling background Microsoft data-collection telemetry

Photography / Finance / Gaming

59 minutes ago, Tahsin Alam said:

Hello Guys 

No problem about the english. 

1: After you build your computer, you will want to install an operating system. Whether it's windows or Linux. Once your Operating system is installed it will generally come with a lot of basic functionality, such as media playing, internet browsing. Any additional applications you want to install will be a matter of personal preference. There's no real "MUST HAVE!" applications as most OS's these days come with a lot of the functionality. 

As for drivers, Go to the websites for the parts you buy and download the drivers for them. This isn't going to always be required, as windows generally is good these days at detecting and installing basic drivers. However, you will definitely want to install GPU drivers (if you're using an AMD or Nvidia GPU)

2. If you're not tuning. tweaking, doing weird custom stuff, yuo don't need to worry about BIOS or Eufi. it'll be ok for now to leave it alone.

3. I use HardWare monitor for temp and performance monitoring. for Fan Controlling, use the software that comes with either your GPU or Motherboard.

4. I typically install VLC (for media playback), Chrome for web browsing, and Steam for gaming right off the start.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

1 hour ago, Tahsin Alam said:

For building itself nothing. But if this is your first time, keep something with Google at hand for problems. Or looks some build guide videos from YT. After you got it booted, install OS. I assume it will be Windows and that you already have install media (USB or DVD). If not, go for Windows support site to get media creation tool and use that. They have well written instructions on how-to. Installer is also pretty self-explanatory and you can google some guides about different option if you feel like it. Drivers you get from motherboard manufacturers site, unders you mobos product page. For GPU you get it from AMD or Nvidias site. Rest of the stuff is personal preference. You can either use Ninite (linked before), or go to each software's page and get installers from there.

Motherboards manual is very handy. It has most BIOS options listed and explained. Main thing you need to do is check that boot order is correct. Otherwise you can't boot from USB/DVD. Anything other you can leave for now. For OC, you should also leave for now. If you are really new to PCs, better get the basics working first and worry about extra performance later. You need to run some stress tests to check baseline anyway.

I don't want to link guides here since they are for older stuff.

My personal favorites are OpenHardwareMonitor, MSI Afterburner, RealTemp and OCCT. But running stuff like Cinebench, 3DMark and Unigine Heaven/Valley is good enough to check that temps are correct. For fan controls use mobos own software. It will be easiest to setup. If that doesn't do enough, Speedfan is the only other option.

Firefox, Thunderbird, VLC, Foobar, Steam, Battle.net, Droid4X, Office 2007, Gimp, Zoner 15, CCleaner, BitDefender... too many to to list to be honest. When you have been in Windows (and some Linux) for 17 years, you gain some baseline what to use daily.

Firefox and Opera are the pair I use. No, SSD won't make browsing any faster. You are limited by your internet speed and how much Flash happens to leak RAM.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv