Looking for new laptop, any suggestions?

So I'm looking for a new gaming laptop that can also handle 1080p video editing. I'm really intrigued by smaller/thinner 14 inch models like the Razer Blade 1060. I work graveyards and have a lot of spare time and would love to be able to game/edit when I don't have anything else to do. I would love the portability of a smaller/thinner system. I have a great desktop so I don't need a complete replacement powerhouse, just something for on the go that can get the job done. But as I was researching some potential candidates I couldn't help but gravitate towards systems with larger screens for more room to work with. At the moment I am kind of overwhelmed with the amount of options there are. If anyone could give me a good recommendation it'd be much appreciated. Thanks.    

1 hour ago, CharleyC13 said:

So I'm looking for a new gaming laptop that can also handle 1080p video editing. I'm really intrigued by smaller/thinner 14 inch models like the Razer Blade 1060. I work graveyards and have a lot of spare time and would love to be able to game/edit when I don't have anything else to do. I would love the portability of a smaller/thinner system. I have a great desktop so I don't need a complete replacement powerhouse, just something for on the go that can get the job done. But as I was researching some potential candidates I couldn't help but gravitate towards systems with larger screens for more room to work with. At the moment I am kind of overwhelmed with the amount of options there are. If anyone could give me a good recommendation it'd be much appreciated. Thanks.    

Recommendation 1=  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-128gb-solid-state-drive-aluminum-black/5515003.p?skuId=5515003

Recommendation 2=  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-gl502vt-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/5090905.p?skuId=5090905

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

4 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

I would go with MSI, they have better customer service. Also, I haven't had any MSI laptops come into my shop, whereas I get a bunch of ASUS. Most of the time its driver issues. ASUS doesn't seem to stay on top of driver comparability issues for the hardware you purchase.

• 3 weeks later...

Be aware that the Best Buy GL502VT has very poor display quality. What should be a solid black picture instead shows up as a grayish gradient, and the viewing angles are narrow. I'd steer clear of this model. A poor quality display can be one of the most noticeable flaws in a laptop, and for $900 (current discounted price) it's really easy to find something with a much better one.

Photos I took in Best Buy that demonstrate the very poor viewing angles. (I could have done a better job at taking them)

rMBX389.jpg

xx4jRW6.jpg