Gaming/Video Editing Machine

Virtax

Hello guys!

I need help choosing parts for a new video editing/ gaming machine.

Currently I have an:

Intel Core i7 2600 (non-K) @ 3.4 w/ Scythe Mugen 3 Heatsink

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H REV 1.0 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjawz 8GB kit (2x4) 1600mhz DDR3 RAM

Galaxy Geforce GTX 670 GC Dual fan Edition.

Old Samsung HDD SATA 2 500GB

Asus XONAR DG

Old Generic InWIn 600W PSU

CMStorm Eneforcer with stalk cooling

I am looking for a silent and powerful gaming and video editing machine.

Budget is around 1500$ and i'm from Israel, I have no problam buying things through amazon altrough if something happens then.. ye..

A huge plus will be at least 4 SATA 3 ports, quiet passive cooling mobo

I will be running a 27Inch Monitor and as forPeripherals I alredy have them.

Intel core i7 2600 @ 3.4Ghz w/ Scythe Mugen 3 RevB, Galaxy Geforce GTX 670 GC edition, G.skill Ripjawz 2x4GB, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, 1TB WD Blue, CMStorm Enerofrcer w/ Side Window, 600W PSU.

Audio setup: Schiit Modi/Magni, Rode Procaster,Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, Rode PSA1, Rode PSM1, Beyerdynamic DT250-80ohm.

Hey there, welcome to the site!

Can I ask, when you say you're from Israel, do you mean you're from and living in Israel and will buy Internationally, or do you mean you're from Israel but live somewhere else, like the US? And is that 1500 USD?

But anyway, seems like a pretty good rig you already have. Of course any changes will mean taking everything apart and out. So whilst you're doing that, I'd recommend you get a Corsair 500r Case. I recommend these to a lot of people due to.. Well due to it being a good case for how much it costs. Go with an ASRock X79 Extreme4 Motherboard (Has 5x SATA 3 Ports) Wouldn't change the CPU, upgrading to a higher i7 would be costly. Wouldn't be a bad idea to change Heatsink though, depending on how much your Scythe Mugen cost, either a Hyper 212 Evo or something like a Corsair H60(H60 might be a bit overkill, but since you don't really need to upgrade anything else, it wouldn't hurt)

Since there's not really much else you can upgrade that will affect the performance by much, you could upgrade GPU's to a Radeon HD 7970 which costs around $450-500. As I don't know how much a GTX 680 is where you are, depending on if your budget allows it, you'd be better of upgrading to a GTX 680. But if not, keep the GTX 670. Definitely change storage though, go with a Seagate/Western Digital 1TB HDD, and an Intel 330/Corsair Force GT SSD, 120GB's is a good size. Definitely change PSU, either go with a Corsair CX 600W, Seasonic 620W or a Corsair TX 650W. Could upgrade to 16GB's of Corsair Vengeance RAM.

Hope I've helped :)

Hey there' date=' welcome to the site! Can I ask, when you say you're from Israel, do you mean you're from and living in Israel and will buy Internationally, or do you mean you're from Israel but live somewhere else, like the US? And is that 1500 USD? But anyway, seems like a pretty good rig you already have. Of course any changes will mean taking everything apart and out. So whilst you're doing that, I'd recommend you get a Corsair 500r Case. I recommend these to a lot of people due to.. Well due to it being a good case for how much it costs. Go with an ASRock X79 Extreme4 Motherboard (Has 5x SATA 3 Ports) Wouldn't change the CPU, upgrading to a higher i7 would be costly. Wouldn't be a bad idea to change Heatsink though, depending on how much your Scythe Mugen cost, either a Hyper 212 Evo or something like a Corsair H60(H60 might be a bit overkill, but since you don't really need to upgrade anything else, it wouldn't hurt) Since there's not really much else you can upgrade that will affect the performance by much, you could upgrade GPU's to a Radeon HD 7970 which costs around $450-500. As I don't know how much a GTX 680 is where you are, depending on if your budget allows it, you'd be better of upgrading to a GTX 680. But if not, keep the GTX 670. Definitely change storage though, go with a Seagate/Western Digital 1TB HDD, and an Intel 330/Corsair Force GT SSD, 120GB's is a good size. Definitely change PSU, either go with a Corsair CX 600W, Seasonic 620W or a Corsair TX 650W. Could upgrade to 16GB's of Corsair Vengeance RAM. Hope I've helped :) [/quote']

Hehe, I'm from Israel and live in In Israel and I don't have problem ordering from eBay, Amazon etc.. and I do mean US Dollar.

I was more looking into 32GB Ram, Fractal Design R4, and OCZ Vertex 4 for the OS, maybe wait untill the new Haswell comes out and see if I should upgrade..

Thanks for the help!

Intel core i7 2600 @ 3.4Ghz w/ Scythe Mugen 3 RevB, Galaxy Geforce GTX 670 GC edition, G.skill Ripjawz 2x4GB, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, 1TB WD Blue, CMStorm Enerofrcer w/ Side Window, 600W PSU.

Audio setup: Schiit Modi/Magni, Rode Procaster,Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, Rode PSA1, Rode PSM1, Beyerdynamic DT250-80ohm.

Seeing as how your current rig is more or less up to date, you won't really see a whole lot of improvement by pointlessly spending $1500.

You're already running an i7 so upgrading to ivy bridge won't give a whole lot of improvement

As for having more sata 3 ports, there's no reason to waste money on a x79 board when a z77 like the asrock extreme 4 can do the job just as well.

My advice to you is to just pick up 16gb ram because unless you are doing some serious hardcore stuff like rendering 4 videos at the same time, 16gb will be more than enough.

If you want better gaming, pick up another 670 and just sli

Don't go WD because caviars are a rip off and barely perform better, go barracuda

And if you want silence just swap all your fans with noctuas

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem