EVGA preparing GeForce GTX 780 with 6GB RAM

Youbetternot

What do you expect them to do? Her guys even though we have the fastest card out there, we're making a faster one

read my other post

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

shhhh.....you hear that?

it's the sound of the titan being DEAD

No.

ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod 

Nice, maybe this can close the gap between the R9 290X and 3GB GTX 780.

No.

Oooh , nice... the ACX cooler isn't the best though, I really want an Asus 6GB 780, that would be epic.

No.

Well that's a shame.

I'd hope a 6GB 780 from someone would arrive at some point.

No.

Im still waiting for a 12GB 780ti

And HELL NO!

Although GK110 seems to be an exception to the rules of memory bus-memory speed links there's obviously a reason the 780s that have been binned that way are supposed to use 3GB RAM - until I see benchmarks of this vs 3GB 780 I firmly stand by only 3GB being accessable!

Cue the hate, but Titan > This.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Although GK110 seems to be an exception to the rules of memory bus-memory speed links

It is not an exception to the laws of physics, just like any other card the efficiency at swapping of VRAM is determined by two things; memory bus and memory frequency. For example, a 512-bit bus card with 5Ghz RAM is not better at high VRAM efficiency than a 384-bit bus card with 7Ghz RAM.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It is not an exception to the laws of physics, just like any other card the efficiency at swapping of VRAM is determined by two things; memory bus and memory frequency. For example, a 512-bit bus card with 5Ghz RAM is not better at high VRAM efficiency than a 384-bit bus card with 7Ghz RAM.

._. you do realise I wrote a thread on this right? I know the relationships between memory bus, memory speed and memory bandwidth.

However, just like we know the 760 and 660TI as essentially the same GPU the 760 is claimed to have a 256-bit memory bus whereas a 660TI is claimed to have an 192-bit memory bus; so my issue is that the same way there are 4GB 660TIs in which no way in hell can all that VRAM be used - this may be similar. Also in my thread I did some math and the Titan should not and I repeat not be cable of using all 6GB of it's VRAM infact it shouldn't be able to use >3GB but I came up with the conclusion that GK110 is special in some way, shape or form but if this held true then the 780s that are only using 3GB would be an ultimate waste unless they are lower binned (especially since the yield rates of GK110 are so low) and as such would most likely be a GK110 without this special property and therefore can not use all 6GB VRAM and until I see benchmarks the Titan is > this for me.

Edit: You may want to read this >_>

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Would be better if the 780 TI had 6 GB of VRAM...

Then it would be the ULTIMATE Titan Killer.

Not just a TITAN killer, may perform as a workstation grade card.

My youtube channel: itsMrN

Jacob @ eVGA says this is fake.

http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2052663

Man Party pooper, @EVGA we want to see moar RAM!!!

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

UPDATE: According to EVGA, plans for GTX 780 with 6GB memory are from July, but this card was never released and most likely never will be.

ORIGINAL STORY: EVGA is slowly preparing for GeForce GTX 780 TI launch, but of course the GPU industry does not centre itself around one model. That said, older cards will see a refresh.

source: http://videocardz.com/47611/evga-preparing-geforce-gtx-780-6gb-ram

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer