Google Pixel can't connect to Wi-fi? Please help

CharminUltraStrong

Hello there. My new Google Pixel is unable to connect to Wi-fi, I went into the Dev tools to see if there was something I'd done and I switched on verbose logging. When I checked the Wi-fi networks the one I'm trying to connect to says

NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_ASSOCIATION_REJECTED =2

NETWORK _SELECTION_ DISABLED_ASSOCIATION_FAILURE =2

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

What do I do? I've tried everything that I knew about.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

some people say that turning on BT "solves" the issue, but appears to be a problem with the phone itself

you might wanna RMA it

Just now, zMeul said:

some people say that turning on BT "solves" the issue, but appears to be a problem with the phone itself

I was afraid of that, I tried the Bluetooth trick but mine is ALWAYS on ?. I even disconnected all my smart home devices. Amazon echo, Google home etc. To no avail unfortunately. 

The Louvre

I left the house for two days with my phone there(because I'd forgotten it) I came back and the wifi wouldn't connect whatsoever. I've contacted their support, it's very quick but now that they've escalated the case it's taking longer for them to respond.

The Louvre

9 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I left the house for two days with my phone there(because I'd forgotten it) I came back and the wifi wouldn't connect whatsoever. I've contacted their support, it's very quick but now that they've escalated the case it's taking longer for them to respond.

What version and type of authentication do you have on your network? WPA2/PSK? 

Give us some more details like frequency (2.4GHz or 5GHz), WiFi Channel, and/or any other details you can think of.

10 hours ago, Eric The Tech Guru said:

What version and type of authentication do you have on your network? WPA2/PSK? 

Give us some more details like frequency (2.4GHz or 5GHz), WiFi Channel, and/or any other details you can think of.

Sorry, I fell asleep there.  It's 5GHz, I know that's not the issue.  That's a common problem with, I think, Android Gingerbread devices and versions before it since they could only pick up 2.4GHz signals. My office and my home use 5GHz.   I am 99.9% certain it's WPA2, unsure of the wifi channel but I believe that's been ruled out.  Let me just put it this way, it's most certainly NOT an issue with the router.  If the phone receives association rejection/failure with every Wi-Fi network, then I believe it's isolated to the phone.

The Louvre

By the way, that digit at the end (=2) isn't constant.  Sometimes it's =1, =3, =4 or =5.  Right now it's =3

The Louvre