Patriot Viper 3 Series 1866MHz and H77 chipset

Go to solution Solved by ratchet34321,

yes, you are, sounds like the RAM needs some question asking from MEMtest.

also, these are done on a stock or overclocked CPU? if OC, save profile and go

back to stock and re-do RAM.

My CPU is at stock :)

Should I run memtest on the values that I can boot from (1600mhz + auto) or the values that I should be getting (1866mhz + timings + freq above) and how many passes would you say ?

18/11/13 Edit -

Just a update on my situation. Ran memtest on the ram kit and all was well, but I couldn't pass on the multi-core mode. Decided to RMA and got a replacement kit. Couldn't get it to rated speed, ran memtest and got numerous errors. Got a full refund for it, much of been a bad batch or something ?

Unfortunately since I when through this, memory prices have shot up, so I'm stuck for a bit on my corsair 4gb kit. Oh well :)

Thanks for the guidance :)

Hello, I need some help.

I've purchased this Patriot Viper 3 Series 1866MHz >>> http://www.patriotmemory.com/product/detail.jsp?prodline=5&catid=34&prodgroupid=232&id=1257 to run on my ASUS P8H77-V Motherboard.

I've set the X.M.P profile, and the system fails to boot. However if I set the target DRAM Speed to 1600MHz, the system boots and is stable.

I've browsed the Patriot forums; I've tried putting the ram timings in manually with no success.

Is this a limitation with my motherboard (although my motherboard says that it supports 1866MHZ DDR3 and I've updated to the latest UEFI BIOS) or is there something I'm not doing which is causing this ? (Do you need anymore details)

P.S. I know the difference between 1600MHz and 1866MHz is negligible, but it's nice to get the speed that the memory is rated for and/or working out if there is a issue with the ram. 

I have the same ram. Cant say i have had any problems and i have had them for years. What's your voltage at?

Corsair 250d - - Delidded i7 4770k @ 4.4GHz (1.15v) - - Asus Maximus VI Impact - - Corsair h100i  

Asus DirectCU II OC GTX780 - - NZXT x41 & G10 w/ Push/Pull Noctua IndustrialPPC's - - Corsair ax760i 

16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133Mhz  - - Samsung 840 pro (boot) - - Samsung Evo (gaming) - - WD green HDD (data)

Hello, I need some help.

I've purchased this Patriot Viper 3 Series 1866MHz to run on my ASUS P8H77-V Motherboard.

I've set the X.M.P profile, and the system fails to boot. However if I set the target DRAM Speed to 1600MHz, the system boots and is stable.

I've browsed the Patriot forums; I've tried putting the ram timings in manually with no success.

Is this a limitation with my motherboard (although my motherboard says that it supports 1866MHZ DDR3 and I've updated to the latest UEFI BIOS) or is there something I'm not doing which is causing this ? (Do you need anymore details)

P.S. I know the difference between 1600MHz and 1866MHz is negligible, but it's nice to get the speed that the memory is rated for and/or working out if there is a issue with the ram. 

i've kinda ran into the same on their sector 3 2133 RAM. manually correct the UEFI BIOS

with the speed, timing and voltage and they are very unstable, unpredictable and pass MEM86

testing. slap a set of vengeance 2133C9 and no issues. so i finally had to OC my RAM and go

from 1.65 to 1.675v, 13-12-12-33 2T which is slower than 1866 10-10-10-30 1T at 1.5v

the look of them are great, but stability-wise not for the 2133 price i paid.

bypass XMP and go directly to UEFI and the DRAM section and enter the specs.

timings: 10-11-10-30 DRAM voltage 1.5/1.55v and RAM Freq 1866. see how that fairs and

save UEFI profile incase of changes.

I have the exactly same ram 16GB in quad channel. Mine is running overclocked at 1866MHz with 1.5V (stock is 1600MHz at 1.65v). Never had any problems with it. It could be just a bad memory kit. A simple RMA would fix the problem. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I have the same ram. Cant say i have had any problems and i have had them for years. What's your voltage at?

Just the default 1.5 volts which was set by the uefi. I have read that increasing them helps ?

i've kinda ran into the same on their sector 3 2133 RAM. manually correct the UEFI BIOS

with the speed, timing and voltage and they are very unstable, unpredictable and pass MEM86

testing. slap a set of vengeance 2133C9 and no issues. so i finally had to OC my RAM and go

from 1.65 to 1.675v, 13-12-12-33 2T which is slower than 1866 10-10-10-30 1T at 1.5v

the look of them are great, but stability-wise not for the 2133 price i paid.

bypass XMP and go directly to UEFI and the DRAM section and enter the specs.

timings: 10-11-10-30 DRAM voltage 1.5/1.55v and RAM Freq 1866. see how that fairs and

save UEFI profile incase of changes.

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I'll had a fiddle and I couldn't get to post. I manually changed the ram freq, the voltages and the primary timings. Anything else I could do ?

I have the exactly same ram 16GB in quad channel. Mine is running overclocked at 1866MHz with 1.5V (stock is 1600MHz at 1.65v). Never had any problems with it. It could be just a bad memory kit. A simple RMA would fix the problem. 

The thought did cross my mind, thanks for replying. 

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I'll had a fiddle and I couldn't get to post. I manually changed the ram freq, the voltages and the primary timings. Anything else I could do ?

what were your manual numbers?

try upping the voltage, increase the CAS timing, run MEMtest 86.

what were your manual numbers?

try upping the voltage, increase the CAS timing, run MEMtest 86.

Manual Numbers

Freq - 1800 and 1866

Primary Timings - 10-11-10-30

Voltage - 1.5V

Everything else was set as "auto"

I've read on the Patriot forum that people were putting the voltage up to 1.65. Any specific CAS timings or Voltage, or just my work my way up ?

Manual Numbers

Freq - 1800 and 1866

Primary Timings - 10-11-10-30

Voltage - 1.5V

Everything else was set as "auto"

I've read on the Patriot forum that people were putting the voltage up to 1.65. Any specific CAS timings or Voltage, or just my work my way up ?

leave the timings as they are and speed at 1866 and increase voltage to 1.6v and retest, if no-joy, then 1.65v

leave the timings as they are and speed at 1866 and increase voltage to 1.6v and retest, if no-joy, then 1.65v

No luck so far, tried both 1.6 and 1.65. *ponders*

131106155823.png

131106155805.png

I am putting the numbers in correctly ? #NewbieQuestion :P

Thanks for the help though.

No luck so far, tried both 1.6 and 1.65. *ponders*

I am putting the numbers in correctly ? #NewbieQuestion :P

Thanks for the help though.

My CPU is at stock :)

Should I run memtest on the values that I can boot from (1600mhz + auto) or the values that I should be getting (1866mhz + timings + freq above) and how many passes would you say ?

18/11/13 Edit -

Just a update on my situation. Ran memtest on the ram kit and all was well, but I couldn't pass on the multi-core mode. Decided to RMA and got a replacement kit. Couldn't get it to rated speed, ran memtest and got numerous errors. Got a full refund for it, much of been a bad batch or something ?

Unfortunately since I when through this, memory prices have shot up, so I'm stuck for a bit on my corsair 4gb kit. Oh well :)

Thanks for the guidance :)