HTC Vive Controllers not properly pairing (I have seen this problem elsewhere)

SteamVR Setup works fine, both lighthouse bases are detected (using the b and c channels), the Headset, and both controllers. What happens when I turn the controllers on (Let's call it X and Y). I turn controller X on, and the SteamVR dialog box shows it as a solid green icon meaning it's being properly tracked. I then turn on Y, which also is detected and not showing any signs of trouble, but the first controller (no matter if I use X or Y first to turn it on), the first to be turned on is then showing a flashing icon basically saying it can detect it, and it's connected, but not trackable. I even tried to play an dsee what happens and basically within the Vive Headset, I will see my other controller (the one not useable), in VR space, however it doesn't move, it basically just shows the controller where it was when the second controller was connected. so say I have it on the ground to start to make sure it's being tracked and turn on both and then pick them up and put my HMD on, I wil see both controllers, however it would show the "non trackable" controller as being on the floor (where it was when it was first synced, even though it's in my hand.

I've tried unpairing, repairing, all devices, not just the controllers. All parts including the HMD, Lightboxes, and of course the controllers unpair and then it does the same thing as I previously explained. So next step Uninstall SteamVR and start from scratch. No dice. Keep in mind the last time I did this and had this problem was about 3 or 4 months ago (basically I had a fire in my apartment and had to move a lot of stuff out, so of course I wanted to play it but no only was it just a hectic time, I was having trouble with my last PC build. For the most part it's the same, 16GB RAM vs 32GB and a different motherboard, but 6700K and 1080 Strix (and just swapped out those parts as they were having problems...later found out the RAM was fine, it was the motherboard RAM slots, but no matter). Has anyone else encountered this and if so please tell me if you know a simple fix, because I realize not everyone has a Vive or Oculus, but the point is, I would prefer answers from actually Vive users (preferably those that have encountered the same problem). If you don't own one but have information that you are pretty sure will help, feel free to help. I just don't want speculation, as I've speculated enough and tested and tested this problem. There is only so much speculation one can make without testing it themselves. 

Best thing to do is to contact Steam or HTC. I had an issue with the lighthouse not pairing the first time and they sent me a new pair within a week.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Damn, wish it wasn't Martin Luther King Day. I mean I can't wait to call them tomorrow, but to clarify it's not a lighthouse issue it's a controller issue. Also from what I've read from tohers with similar problems, is there were no manufacturer defects (can't speak to your own), but basically it was just a weird driver issue. But obviously I've gone 3 or 4 months between trying this a few times in between those months and on different OS installs and different MB configs and whatnot, I just know others have had the problem not solved by getting new controllers or other peripherals. 

Also like I mentioned there was a small fire at my house and basically it started in my closet (smokign a cigarette and a cherry fell in a box, put it up on a shelf, a few minutes later it's up in flames)...point is, my entire Vive Box was destroyed. Which is not only annoying as it's a great storage container, not really portable, but yeah.

One of the reasons I REALLY want to get my Vive back up and working besides the 1k+ investment I paid (including games, GPU, future purchases), because what excites me is what I saw at CES (I didn't see Linus or Luke specificially cover Vive CES stuff but other channels showed off the Vive Puck thing that allows it to be attached to other things like guns, baseball bats, golf clubs (obviously possibilities are endless), and then TPCast technology has allowed a semi-untethered experiencve using streaming with practically no latency. It adds a periphal on the headset which adds weight, but looks like it might make the Vive HMD more weight balanced (also with Vive's headset update). All of these things are really exciting, I WANT MY VIVE working! lol. Do you think the warranty will be easy to take advantage of without the box or any of the documentation? (for example I have no USP barcode to send if they require it. I'm sure the serial number is on the headset somewhere, so that's the most hopeful solution

HTC will help out nearly everyone with the headset. Just get the SteamVR diagnostic and send it to them via e-mail. While the "issue" could be driver-related, it could be the communication between the controllers themselves.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Well thanks for the info. lol I have been trying slowly for months and the one day i have a ton of time to do it....holiday xD