Computer Performance Issues

6 minutes ago, JohnTheDawn said:

@Undertaker225i have got in the 3375 in firestrike time spy, is that normal ?

That is actually below the average when comparing to other scores with the 1060 3GB:

http://www.3dmark.com/search?_ga=1.16360054.1503925917.1484548503#/?mode=basic&url=/proxycon/ajax/search/gpuname/spy/P/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060-3GB&gpuName=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060-3GB

11 minutes ago, JohnTheDawn said:

@Undertaker225i have ran cinbench and i got 549 in cpu 

That's a normal score

i5-6500-i5-6400-35.jpg

2 minutes ago, Undertaker225 said:

That is actually below the average when comparing to other scores with the 1060 3GB:

http://www.3dmark.com/search?_ga=1.16360054.1503925917.1484548503#/?mode=basic&url=/proxycon/ajax/search/gpuname/spy/P/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060-3GB&gpuName=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060-3GB

Timespy compare scores of cpu too. so an unlocked i7 will boost the score quite much

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Timespy compare scores of cpu too. so an unlocked i7 will boost the score quite much

yes, hence the second link. Sorry, but the results are really kind of marginal.

3 minutes ago, Undertaker225 said:

yes, hence the second link. Sorry, but the results are really kind of marginal.

Yeah but cinebench says otherwise. maybe that's a heavily oc gpu? 

@deXxterlab97@Undertaker225http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/17419954? 

i have tested 3d mark times spy again, herea the results, tell if they are decent.  Also benchmarking tools dont help very much, for some reason in games usage of the gpu goes wayyy down, but in benchmarking tools like heaven for example gpu usage tops at 100%

It sounds like you just have a CPU bottleneck, nothing sounds out of place. If you've already submitted an RMA go through with it, but I don't see an improvement incoming. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

2 hours ago, JohnTheDawn said:

my system is maxing out usage on cpu at 90-100% at 1080p while gpu sits at 30-50%

While doing what? 

1 hour ago, JohnTheDawn said:

its sitting around 50-60

Idle or under load? 

Complete sentences 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Guys, I have got kinda same problem. Running LoL at 1080p, very high details and GPU load around 20% ?

i5 4460, MSI GTX 960 2G, 8GB DDR3 (temps around 40-50C)

12 minutes ago, zedingforurf said:

Guys, I have got kinda same problem. Running LoL at 1080p, very high details and GPU load around 20% ?

i5 4460, MSI GTX 960 2G, 8GB DDR3 (temps around 40-50C)

LoL is by no means a demanding game, you people should understand that neither the CPU or the GPU will run on 99%/100% if it can run the application with less usage, same thing about core clocks, if your GPU is capable of rendering the graphics in the game with ease it won't go full core clock speed neither maximize its usage, same thing with CPU, in fact take Assassin's Creed Unity for example, it is a very intensive CPU game, though only in the high populated areas where the CPU has to process a ton of npc at once, normally my i7 reaches up to 95% on these areas though on less populated areas with less npc the usage may fall down to 70ish%.

If you want to see if your processor is fully working when required benchmark it with Cinebench, if you want to test your video card, use Unigine Heaven on max settings and your native resolution, these applications will force your hardware to work on its full potential, if it reaches the desired clock and full usage there then there is nothing wrong with the hardware, it is the software that you're running that isn't asking much from the hardware.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

LoL is by no means a demanding game, you people should understand that neither the CPU or the GPU will run on 99%/100% if it can run the application with less usage, same thing about core clocks, if your GPU is capable of rendering the graphics in the game with ease it won't go full core clock speed neither maximize its usage, same thing with CPU, in fact take Assassin's Creed Unity for example, it is a very intensive CPU game, though only in the high populated areas where the CPU has to process a ton of npc at once, normally my i7 reaches up to 95% on these areas though on less populated areas with less npc the usage may fall down to 70ish%.

If you want to see if your processor is fully working when required benchmark it with Cinebench, if you want to test your video card, use Unigine Heaven on max settings and your native resolution, these applications will force your hardware to work on its full potential, if it reaches the desired clock and full usage there then there is nothing wrong with the hardware, it is the software that you're running that isn't asking much from the hardware.

Yea, but even tho I still feels like my games are not smooth or responsive. I cant enjoy it :/

• 2 weeks later...

It could be a crazy process why don't you boot Windows into safe mode and try a game? Is that possible? If not go into msconfig and do the selective boot were Windows just loads the essentials and then try. If that doesn't work then go into task manager and try to set the game to high. If that doesn't work try to run what's it called furmark? It will run your gpu at 100% look at your temps are they too high? Does it reach 100% make sure to stop the test if it reaches around 85c-87c and don't let it sit there if it reaches that high stop it. Get razer game booster yes I know yada yada it doesn't work but it closes processes besides the game which could stop whatever is using the cpu. Also look at task manager with nothing open is it doing anything? Btw I used to have this issue with Windows 8 and 10 were my cpu would run to 100% and it has to do with Windows puting stuff onto my hdd which was a slow 5400 rpm so the system would hang only could fix it by puting a usb for ready boost. It didn't always do it so maybe watch some YouTube and have task manager open on the side and just watch to see if it spikes now YouTube will use some cpu but watch for high spikes. I hope I helped I know it's a lot to try but it would check all the boxes.good luck