Next Car Game news

EDIT: This post was originally about Next Car Game being in Kickstarter, but they didn't achieve their goal. Pre-orders are running in their own web page however and the game is being developed. So I decided to modify this post to keep you up to date.

Bugbear entertainment has a new game coming. Pre-orders are already running on nextcargame.com.

At this stage the game is called just "Next Car Game" but the name will change when the game is more complite. Important thing is that this game is going to be "the new FlatOut". It may not have the name FlatOut but it should have the feeling of FlatOut.

If you have ever heard of FlatOut you may know a little bit what's coming, but here's the thing in summary:

FlatOut is about racing without rules on rusty old cars - proper reckless racing where you feel no pitty for your car. So you can tackle your opponents as you wish but damage also affects your cars handling (and also looks realistic.) Racing places are narrow gravel roads in forests, tarmac racing tracks, sand pits etc.

Next Car Game steps it up a notch on every aspect. Dynamic damage, graphics, physics, car upgrading, detailed racing tracks... Everything should be better than before.

The game will also feature multiplayer, 12 players on track (at this point at least).

Here's some early video about the game:

Here's their web page with lots more info about the game:

http://nextcargame.com/

Oh and one thing to note is that this game is going to be PC only (at first at least). They also say that the game should run well even on little older hardware, so you don't have to upgrade your computer to play the game. But if you want to crank up the settings, it will require a high end PC.

Release schedule: sometime early spring 2014.

This looks like an awsome game to me. I really hope they get pre-orders to fund the project!

If you pre-order the game you'll get a technology sneak peak right away. Here's a video:

The collision physics look kind of exaggerated. It would be nice if they used Cryengine instead, you can pull off some pretty neat things with cars.

Error: 410

Looks good... but this market is hard to get into.... already some great racing games out there at the moment.

Gaming System: i7 3770k @4.6GHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 8GB Corsair 1600MHz, 2 x MSI GTX 670 PE, Fractal R4, 256GB Crucial M4, Fractal Newton R3 1000W White

Steam Box: Xeon E3 1280 @ 3.5GHz, Intel S1200KP, 8GB Corsair White LP, 1x EVGA GTX 570, Fractal Node 304 White, 64GB Intel SSD, Fractal Tesla R2 650w White

Dat Finnish English accent

Also kickstarter is illegal in Finland so idk how they are pulling this off

The collision physics look kind of exaggerated. It would be nice if they used Cryengine instead, you can pull off some pretty neat things with cars.

You are right. They were talking about a possibility of "Extreme damage mode" in one video. Maybe that would look better when the metal would bend easier.

Dat Finnish English accent

Also kickstarter is illegal in Finland so idk how they are pulling this off

Yeah, I don't know that either. First they didn't do kickstarter because of that but now they have found "some way" to do that. Pretty mysterious. :)

Finally. I've been craving for a destructive derby style racing game.

I think BeamNG will be good competition for this game:

Competition?

I wasn't aware it was ever going to be an actual game, seems more like a test environment to me.

I loved the first set of FlatOut games. They offered so much enjoyment with all the destruction and the driving isn't realistic, but it's rewarding. BeamNG is a favorite for me too but it's not really a game yet.

• 2 weeks later...

First gameplay video.

Buy it, buy it, buy it! I want to get this game and only $67,000 out of $350,000 is collected.

• 3 weeks later...

So, Next Car Game didn't achieve it's goal ($350 000) on Kickstarter. Bugbear isn't giving up however and the game can be pre-ordered through their website. They have already almost $180 000, which is over double the amount they got on Kickstarter.

I edited the post with some new information and changed the title so I can post here all the news.

Bugbear released version 2.0 of their technology sneak peak today. It's quite amazing. You get it when you pre-order the game.

PS. Happy Finnish independence day!

• 3 weeks later...

Just played this game and oh my lord. Idk what to say, the destruction engine is just out of this world. Anyone who has the slightest concern for the future of gaming should back this. Thousands of tiny destruction particles and objects such as barrels and crates all flying around in one instance with game play smooth as butter and detail that is out of this world, how is this even possible? An engine like this implemented into a game like Grand Theft Auto would simply by the epiphany of awesome fun.

For the love of gaming, back this.

NextCarGame-screenshot-damage1.jpg

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Oh and now we have early access on Steam. So all pre-orderes get a key to register on steam and then you can download alpha-version of the game. It has two cars and three race tracks right now: a dirt track, a tarmac track and a derby arena.

I haven't played it much yet, but I think it looks very promising.

And max 24 AI cars.

I had a few questions [sorry, I could not find answers for these :(]

1) Is there a playable version out yet?

2) When is the last day to back this project?

3) Do backers get a DRM free version of the game or is it a Steam download only?

I had a few questions [sorry, I could not find answers for these :(]

1) Is there a playable version out yet?

2) When is the last day to back this project?

3) Do backers get a DRM free version of the game or is it a Steam download only?

1) Yes, there's a playable alpha version for backers. Also you can download a playable tech demo from nextcargame.com for free, you just have to sign up for their newsletter I believe. It's the same demo that was available only for backers earlier.

2) I don't know when is the last day to back (this is not on kickstarter, you pre-order the game from their website). It might even be that they let people pre-order until the final release (spring 2014).

3) It's Steam download only. I think the game itself will be Steam only too, although I'm not 100% sure.

There are over 8000 backers already and almost $250 000 has been collected! :)

1) Yes, there's a playable alpha version for backers. Also you can download a playable tech demo from nextcargame.com for free, you just have to sign up for their newsletter I believe. It's the same demo that was available only for backers earlier.

2) I don't know when is the last day to back (this is not on kickstarter, you pre-order the game from their website). It might even be that they let people pre-order until the final release (spring 2014).

3) It's Steam download only. I think the game itself will be Steam only too, although I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks! :)